Introducing New Member: Matthew Schaefer

Reaction score
Welcome Wagon seems fitting considering my very newly acquired 79' Aspen wagon is why i'm here. I just picked it up from a guys yard where it had been sitting for i think around 15 or 20 years. He got it from the original owner, an old lady from California, when she passed away the car went to the guy i got it from and he drove it back to metro Detroit where I found and rescued it. The only rust on the car is the driver front fender which had been replaced when she hit a mailbox. The rest of the car is truly California solid since it has never been on Michigan roads. It is a factory H code 318 4bbl which carries the 360 heads and intake and TQ since in California you couldnt get the 360 due to emissions from what I understand. It has a A998 HD 904 trans an 8 1/4 rear and the HD or Police suspension and large rear drum brakes.
Car is a factory 2 tone teal/green paint but was repainted years ago. Tripple granny green with 2 tone teal paint and teal bench seat interior. I think the HD engine/trans/suspension options, 2 tone paint, and A/C are the only options. I will be doing some mild performance upgrades to make it run better and daily drive it in summer. Going to be a good budget build to make a good performing, low buck driver and I gave $2500 for it so Im going to see what I can do with another $2500 for performance.

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

Back