Introducing New Member: mike2

mike2

Reaction score
hvac mechanic, always working on motorcycles and cars , love all cars but mopars my favorite

mike2

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am glad to be a member , just picked up my first F body 1980 volare , /6 auto great body no rust super solid , will post some pics when I can get some good ones.

Master M

Reaction score
Welcome ! You came to the right place for numerous experts on these cars.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Mike --
we don't discriminate on pictures... good/bad/blurry/bright.... they are all welcome.
Glad you found us.

mike2

Reaction score
Here's some pics, only got it home sunday late. In garage last night.

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

mike2

Reaction score
It barely ran. Checked cap tonight , i think there's a problem here lol. Surprised it ran at all only 72 k miles has a repaint. Needs a wet sand but really nice No rust car ,

IMG_2082.JPG

mike2

Reaction score
Special is the right word , i like the burned crater leading to the tip . Must have been a lightning storm under the cap. . flux capacitor. Lol.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Nice ride,How much did that car cost and where did you find it,I have been looking for a clean 80 coupe or wagon for some time now,Is that original paint?

Billy007

Reaction score
Super nice car, really like those without the stupid vinyl roof. Too bad ya couldn't get a super six in 1980, that made a big difference. My kid brother had one in an Aspen, ran very nice. Have a lean burn six in my 83 Mirada, okay on the highway, but not very good getting there, plus rotten mileage. I need to yank the lean burn, and put an older carb and electronic ignition set up in there when its back from the body shop getting all pretty again. Don't need super performance, but it would be nice to have a little more oomph. Of course, I have put up with it for 31 years, so whats the hurry? Anyone out there know where to get a super six carb, manifold and linkage?

Back