Introducing New Member: vonfilm

vonfilm

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am looking for the basis of an affordable street rod using a small block Chrysler V8. I feel like I have awakened from a long slumber and all the usual suspects are selling for $25K plus and are out of my price range for a hobby car. My last two were a 68 Camaro 327 4 bbl 4 speed when I was in college in the late 70's and a Corvair Monza 140 during the 80's. After that I dabbled in various German cars. And I mean old, inexpensive German cars.

I have seen the error of my ways and now I am longing for Mopar power. After missing the A Body train I stumbled in here and I think I have discovered what all of you know, that the F,M, and J bodies are the next big thing.

A compact rear wheel drive relatively lightweight affordable sedan that can hold an American V8 is a very rare commodity. I believe it likely that the F,M,J bodies will be soon discovered and start to quickly rise in value. Gran Fury and Diplomats which commonly hold 318 V8's make an easy conversion to 360 performance with over 400 horsepower for $5,000 to $10,000.

I am watching Craigslist locally for that clean, rust free, Texas Gran Fury or Diplomat that I could afford to hot rod. I will be studying this forum as I go along.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Be careful driving such a car in Austin. Last time I visited there the uber greenies and I got into it over how evil and earth killing my car was vs their Prius.

Very off putting two guys. But then they had a tough time with the facts about ethanol and where electricity comes from.

Look in the Oklahoma area for mopars on craigslist and Dallas area. West Texas and south Texas seem to have more fords and trucks. But then you probably know that by now.

Back