Iola WI Car Show and Swap Meet

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm bummed. Going on is the show down in Iola, less than an hour away. Roughly 2,220 show cars, 4,500 swap spaces, 1,000 car corral spots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I have to miss it. Last evening I twisted my ankle and every step is a study in pain :( No way I could walk miles upon miles at the show.

Besides the cars and swap meet it'd be cool to see some of the "celebrities" that are there also that I've seen on TV. Couple guys from Rick's Restorations in Vegas (History Channel "American Restoration"), Courtney Hansen formerly of Powerblock, the Counting Cars guys, Ring Brothers, Boyd Coddington's wife, along with others. Just think it'd be cool to see some of those people in person.

In any event, they've got perfect weather. Sunny, mid 70's, breeze, low humidity. At least this weekend anyways. First two days were off and on rain. Quite the unusual change. Normally on show weekend it'll be about 100 degrees, humid and not a single cloud for shade a couple days, followed by an end of the world type storm at some point and then once everything is soaking wet, the sun will come back out bright as can be and you get to watch the steam rise as the humidity seems to go above 100%. So now that there's perfect weather, I'm on the injured reserve list:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If anyone from this site went to the show, please post pics so I can see what I missed.:D

Stupid ankle..................................:mad:

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's my own stupid fault for not paying attention to what I was doing. Last evening I was out mowing the yard and almost fell into the neighbors yard. Let me explain........I live a couple blocks from the Wisconsin River and it slopes gradually down towards it. The yards are sort of tiered(?) and from the east side of my house it drops about 3 feet in an 8 foot distance, levels out for about 8 feet before dropping a couple feet again on the property line at about a 30 degree angle. Backing up with the mower, one wrong step and,,,,,,,,,instant sprained ankle and the lawn didn't get finished either.:(

Worse is, I thought I'd try and take the car out for a bit. Hurts too much to press the throttle pedal:mad: Son of a......................

Darth-Car

Reaction score
These things always happen for a greater reason, I am convinced of it. What if you had been driving to the show, and had been t-boned by a toyasaki pickup? Then your car would be gone, and you would now be in the hospital. The lawn accident was a way of protecting your from greater danger.

Justwondering

Reaction score
spectator ... ahh
like the guy at the race track killed when the accident on the track caused a tire to be flung into the stands and decapitated the spectator...

Maybe we could get somebody to put trip wires in your yard that ring a bell when you step into them.

Or maybe I could send some goats up to keep the grass down so you don't have to mow it.

Or maybe I should just quit typing and making an ass of myself...

Maybe

Aspen500

Reaction score
Maybe I just need to keep my mind on what I'm doing! lol
Sometimes when mowing the lawn I sort of go on autopilot. It's 1/2 acre lot with a crap load of trees, shrubs, and other assorted obstacles to mow around and I do it with a push mower (Toro Personal Pace, awesome mower!). After mowing it so many times over the years it's more like a subconscious thing and before you know it, it's 3 1/2 hours or so later and you're all done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless you back up into the neighbors yard and bend your ankle like it isn't supposed to bend.:(

Justwondering

Reaction score
dang it... that autopilot is always causing trouble.
Autopilot ... just that word and suddenly I'm transported back in time to a movie theater :
autopilot in airplane.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Surely you can't be srious. One of my favorite movies! However,,,,,,,,,if the autopilot starts to deflate I refuse to pull out the manual inflation valve and blow on it:p

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I buy into this theory of it happening for a reason. My guess though is it saved you from eating a tainted hot dog and then spending the entire time in the porta potty. :D

Aspen500

Reaction score
Reminder... when Aspen500 comes over for dinner DO NOT cook hot dogs. Check!
LOL!

You know what, every time I think I'm having one of those days where nothing goes right and you just want to scream,,,,,,,,,,,,,an ambulance goes by on the freeway and I say to myself "There goes someone having a worse day than me" and I feel much better!

Back