J body frame connectors

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are frame connectors out there that will fit a 1982 Córdoba? Would prefer weld in. Putting a 496 strokes in an 1982 t top Córdoba this winter with an OD 4 speed and want to stiffen it up.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a pair frame rail connectors and torque boxes from Auto Rust, to install on either my '77 Volare wagon or my '86 5th Ave, for one (in time, both vehicles) will get a big block stroker installed once I have all parts gathered for the transplant.

Shelves on one wall of my garage is full of nothing but new engine/transmission/differential parts, ready to be installed (but still a few minor parts left to go …).

My ultimate goal is to have the 5th an auto transmission (for wife) and the wagon a 5 (or 6) speed stick, both big blocks.
Nothing more fun to drive than a big block stick (insert evil grin)

Anyway, the shipping box that Auto Rust sent looked like ran over by truck a few times when it arrived, 3 months ago, but contents look great. Heavy gauge metal parts. Not been under either car to test fit, but I don’t expect any problems.

Auto Rust makes two different frame rail connectors, 2 door and 4 door/wagon versions (2 doors are shorter) for FMJ bodies.

My opinion might be different after parts are installed, but for what I see and my interaction with Auto Rust, so far has been great (other than shipping).

BudW

Joe12459

Reaction score
I used the ones from Auto Rust. The fit wasn't great, but the quality was good, heavy gauge steel. With a few minor modifications, they worked very well for me.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Maybe one of you guys can post a link from FABO. Under the 'steering, suspension and chassis' section there is a thread, "Sub Frame Connectors, Please Build Them Properly"
There are plenty of detailed installations and great tech in that thread.....
--- Post updated ---
Capt, post a link please:)

Back