J Body Winshield Wiper Transmission needed

3.7slant6

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a Windshield Wiper Transmission linkage(that plastic assembly that's between the wiper linkage and wiper motor) for my 82 Cordoba?

Miradaman

Reaction score
Got a better solution. Go get a wiper trans assembly from an '80s 5th Avenue or Diplomat. You will need it and the arm off the motor. Measure your old one from center of small bushing to center of big one. Then measure the other one, figure out how much to cut out. Cut with hacksaw, and find someone to MIG weld it for you.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Got a better solution. Go get a wiper trans assembly from an '80s 5th Avenue or Diplomat. You will need it and the arm off the motor. Measure your old one from center of small bushing to center of big one. Then measure the other one, figure out how much to cut out. Cut with hacksaw, and find someone to MIG weld it for you.

This would probably be a pretty sturdy solution, but the wipers would no longer park under the windshield. Maybe not a big deal, but it bugs me when the wipers stop on the glass when they should be pulled under the cowl. Whenever I see a J-Body for sale, seeing the wipers on the glass is a pretty good sign that the wipers aren't working as they did from the factory. Bill's NOS has brand new units, complete with arms. He charges an arm-and-a-leg, and even though the are old NOS, I have had no problems with the two I've purchased.

Miradaman

Reaction score
This would probably be a pretty sturdy solution, but the wipers would no longer park under the windshield. Maybe not a big deal, but it bugs me when the wipers stop on the glass when they should be pulled under the cowl. Whenever I see a J-Body for sale, seeing the wipers on the glass is a pretty good sign that the wipers aren't working as they did from the factory. Bill's NOS has brand new units, complete with arms. He charges an arm-and-a-leg, and even though the are old NOS, I have had no problems with the two I've purchased.
Mine were below the rear of the hood. Just gotta measure correctly. Of course, if you are restoring, go for the original style.

Back