July 20 1969

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Lance Armstrong was the first man to bicycle on the moon.
Remember watching the landing.
armstrong.jpg

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I love new versions of history.
Cowboys vs Indians, the great Martian wars, Lincoln killed vampires while being the WWE champion.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Riding a bicycle in reduced gravity, could be interesting – especially on one of those bulky suits.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Revisionist history ... lot of that going around this year.
I love when someone starts telling me what it was like in the 70's and 80's ... as if I wasn't even there or maybe they think I'm so freaking old I don't remember.

Then they get all offended when you correct them. And start telling you that you are wrong, that isn't what happened. ....lol

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve heard a saying (a few times) that if you remember the ‘70’s, then you weren’t there (or something to that effect).

I remember my folks watching this event live – but I was too young to really grasp what was going on (I’m couple months shy of 50, and not quite 3 at the time).

I somewhat remember the ‘70’s – but not as well as I do the ‘80’s.

Speaking of Revisionist history.
I don’t like talking about politics for this is not the place for it, but there is a “couple” currently spoken about in the USA news today, that people has forgotten about what happened just twenty years earlier and how this “couple” were constantly in the news each and every day over completely different events/matters, non-stop. It drove me away from watching the news then (and hadn’t really gotten back into it). It never amazed how a person’s name could come up (rarely in a good sense) so often (then) and NOBODY today remembers a thing.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I must have been born old.
We discussed current events at the dinner table from the get go.
An you had better be able to defend you position.
Because ... was not acceptable for an answer.

Agreed about the politics discussion.

I continually see that double standard... if you agree with me then the past is swept clear; if you disagree with me, all the dirt real or imagined is recalled in detail.

We were talking about this today... best analogy I have right now is that the politics in the U.S. now reminds me of a Mexican Telenovela... intrigue, denial, back-stabbing, cross-doublecross, lies, deceit... its all there.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Um, I might have mis-spoke. I was thinking one thing after writing something else.
Speaking of Revisionist history.
might have said "selective history" memory (maybe)?

We were talking about this today... best analogy I have right now is that the politics in the U.S. now reminds me of a Mexican Telenovela... intrigue, denial, back-stabbing, cross-doublecross, lies, deceit... its all there.
I like that quote.

You might want to PM me, if there is something else. I do this while getting interrupted with work phone calls, so sometimes a thought, gets sidetracked and derailed.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I watched the moon landing and was like 'meh'
I thought shouldn't we be doing this anyways.

Then there was a show 'Space 1999', with a pretty decent concept of living on the moon that should have been done by now.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm always amazed (disgusted) by how fast and easily people will believe....anything without checking it out for themselves. I've had so many debates with people who are clueless as to how things really were or really happened.

But hey.......Wikipedia said it happened like "this" so it must be true right?

Justwondering

Reaction score
I know what you mean...
snopes.com is fairly easy to use.. I have no clue why people assume everything they get is true.

"Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” .. Euripedes

slant6billy

Reaction score
All I remember about the 70's was cars with big fat back tires. I remember see a 74 Z28 go up my street with a wicked graphic. I remember the van craze. I remember bellbottoms and men with perms. I remember the airtraffic controller strike, de-regulation of the trucking industry, and the stock market crash of 1987. I remember getting accepted to college and then getting denied for any loans, all the while my dad was out of work. I remember working the back of a trash truck in the summer of 1990. And from there I remember working, working and working.... any job that I could get hired at. I remember what I saw and what I witnessed when I had time to. When I need a view on history before me, I need it to come from the craftsmen, the machinist, the builders and creators of the 50s & 60s. The guys with mashed up hands, missing fingers, and a boat load of real knowledge. Back when and engineer worked with professional designers, got their degrees after the fact and then got licensed and could still wrench. The kind of smarts that don't come from playing Pokemon Go and believing in hysterical BS.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I remember 'disposable income'
They managed to suck that away and they're not going to be happy until they get it all.

Let's toss a carbon tax in to suck even more money.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Like I said, I only remember disposable income.
But now the whole check is disposed, with even more hands sticking out for the next check.

Then by chance I get a little ahead, something comes out to take it.

360 mafia

Reaction score
If I remember a time when A/C and radios in cars were an option,does that make a pilgrim or just old.

Back