Just sayin' hello

JerryH

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm Jerry from San Jose, California.

This is my ride, a 1987 Plymouth Gran Fury with just shy of 50tmiles since new. Bought it from East Coast, Virginia few months ago and had it shipped to West Coast. Now serves as my daily driver. Equipped with 318cid and all the possible original equipment minus electric windows and electric trunk.

17x7 inch modified steel wheels with new style dog dishes, tires 225 in front, 235 in the back.

It is a former Department of Defense vehicle, still has the stickers on the windshield. Guy I bought it from knew the history from new.

IMG_20160929_222220_1.jpg

IMG_20160929_222055.jpg

IMG_20160929_222123.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Hi JerryH --
welcome to the forum.

Your front grille is delish! Department of Defense... I bet that car has been in some odd places!
Thanks for posting the picture.

Do you have any plans for that beautiful ride?

JerryH

Reaction score
Thank you.

Well, at the moment I don't want to disrupt it too much. I already did the wheels and bought a Performer 4bbl and a 650cfm Holley so I guess I'll do those first and see what I come up with after that.

I'm also going to want to do some suspension upgrades, already bought new Police shocks all around. I'm also interested in either OEM Police front torsion bars or Firm Feel ones, I'd prefer the Cop ones. And the thickest front sway bar. Additionally I'm also on the lookout for the weakest OEM rear sway bar.

If I get my hands on a fresh Gen III Hemi 6.1 (or bigger) with automatic then I just might put that in there as well. That'll be later on.

That's it so far. Plan to keep it with me for a long time. I'm not new to the hobby.

Last edited:

JerryH

Reaction score
Question:

Mine has the typical aircon vacuum line connector fault; the plastic part fell to pieces when I touched it.

Any good reliable websites with pics on how to connect the vac hoses the right way again?

JerryH

Reaction score
Thank you JW, those are good links. If you find more, I'll be very glad to take a look at them too.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I put pictures from the manual on that last 'newbie' link.

I know there are sites you can buy new lines that are colored like the origs (vintage air?).

Just post again after you've read things if you need better explanations. My service manual and I don't always speak the same language.. lol

JerryH

Reaction score
Sure will, excellent info. Absolutely appreciated Sir. Hope to buy you a beer someday or share knowledge the same way in your direction.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Lordy JerryH,
Not a big deal.
Someday (bucket list) I plan to travel beyond the state boundary of Texas and see the giant redwood trees.
I'll swing by and we can go get a root beer float. Wouldn't want you to get stopped for driving under the influence.
Maybe we can talk 7T8 custom in to coming with us.
lol

JerryH

Reaction score
That's great, sounds nice. Bring your hubby, I'll bring the wife and then root beer among redwoods it will be.

JerryH

Reaction score
Upgrade in wheel and tire size from previous 17x7 inch wheels.

I fabricated the new ones from Ford Explorer Police Interceptor wheels which are 18x8". Tire size all around is 235/55R18

20180218_131151.jpg

20180218_131217.jpg

Back