Just the way "The Lar" likes it!

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score

1981_Imperial_05.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Lovin'that two tone!!!
And Mr. Lopar's lowrider is looking pretty badass too.
Never seen a two tone Imp......stunning!!

My imp

Reaction score
That's basically what mine will do. I'll run the stock color from the pin stripe up. The pearl white from the pin stripe down. Gold anodize the wheels.

My imp

Reaction score
I love the paint on that imp
But im a lowrider n love wild paint like that

I love it too, all I'm saying is, you better hope you don't have to repair or reprint any of that! Did you see that shortened wheelbase in those pics? That was bitchin'! I lowered my Imp in the front 2", 1" in the rear, didn't like the look at all. That may be because of the stock wheels, I don't know. I raised back up 1" in the front & rear. When I next work on it, I'll raise it back up to stock height. But that scheme did get me thinking.

My imp

Reaction score
Not the Imp, that red one, LeBaron or Diplomat I believe. Go to the web page you got that pic from. I'll see if I can find it again.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Its a shortend 5th ave,the cut the front and rear doors in half and welded em together
As for the wheels im not sure, but i do like em

NoCar340

Reaction score
The original paint job posted is similar to what I was going to do on my '81 LB coupe, but with black on the hood/fenders/fascia and the rest of the car in Inferno Red. I'm planning to do a very-subtle two-tone on the Imperial: X9 black & XR metallic black. Not sure how I'm going to break up the two, but the lines will be similar to the original photo.

For the record, classic X9 black (as used in the '70s, often called TX9) is the blackest black ever used on any car anywhere.

Back