Add a K' body forum on the site?

This poll will close on May 29, 2020 at 1:36 PM.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Administrator Staff Member

A user has suggested to me that we add a K body forum to the site --

I'm just looking to see what you all think about this? Yes or no?

2. 53ryder

53ryder Well-Known Member

I am the one who has posed the question to Joey. I have been a member of the A-Body and C-Body Forums. I've owned a 64 Valiant, 65 Dart and a 67 Monaco. Currently I own a 86 Plymouth Reliant. I am a member here.

There doesn't seem to be much interest online about K Cars. At least none that I've found. I like the Forums that Joey has put together. I like the people here. I really like the attitudes that most members have displayed, very helpful. K cars were made at same time as many M & J cars. Sort of cousins. I asking you all if a K Body Subsection of this Forum could be added here? I don't want to impose my will, but rather hope that you all would allow me and other K car owners to have a home here. Regardless of your thoughts I'll still check this place out as F,M and J cars are similar, at least in time, to K cars. Just looking for place to call home. That's all!

Glenn Ryder
    Brier, WA

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 1:57 PM
  3. Mikes5thAve

Mikes5thAve Well-Known Member

if anything they deserve their own full FWD forum site along with other FWD variants. Like a K-FWDbodiesonly forum. Between them and minivans there should be more then enough enthusiasts out there to make it successful.

Other then being made by Chrysler at the same time they don't have much in common with FMJ they're a different generation. FMJ is more related to the older mopars.

4. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Administrator Staff Member

I doubt there would be enough interest to sustain their own site

5. Mikes5thAve

Mikes5thAve Well-Known Member

Add minivans into the mix. Plenty of thsoe around and they're related. Sorry, got that in before you quoted me.

6. 53ryder

We owned a light blue 1984 or 85 Caravan, with 3 row seating and a manual tranny. I remember that 3rd seat, which was removable, weighed a ton! I can't remember if we had a '84 or '85. Bought from Bill Pierre Dodge on Lake City Way in Seattle.

7. GregG48213

GregG48213 Active Member

I'm with Mike on this. It would make more sense if such a site would include L-bodies, K-bodies & possibly the P-car (Shadow & Sundance). However, the demographics for front-drive cars could be quite different (including the tuner crowd). If you look through the various for...bodiesonly sites, you can see many common advertisers. So the tricky part is whether these same ads would work on a FWD site.

8. 53ryder

If that is the consensus then so be it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...
    Will Let few more people add their thoughts.

9. 89.Fifth

89.Fifth Well-Known Member

K-cars are hugely popular but everyone I know is in their 20s or 30s and on Instagram. They don't visit boards like this.

10. kkritsilas

kkritsilas Well-Known Member

Add the Dodge Daytonas, Plymouth Lasers, and the Shelby versions, and you may have enough of an audience to make the site viable.