K-frame cross reference

D149

Reaction score
I just picked up an '88 Caravelle, but it needs a new K-frame, upper and lower control arms. They are all very rotten!

What other cars K-frames will fit? All FMJ bodies, or are there differences?

Thanks
Dave

IMG_2335 (1024x768).jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
They are interchangeable from 76-89 for all F,M,J-bodies
I almost agree with this statement.
While it is true any FMJ K-Frame from ’76-89 will fit, there are two different kinds of K-Frames: /6 and V8.
Without getting aftermarket engine mounts or major modifications, they will not interchange.

Sense all ‘88’s came with 318’s, I would look for a V-8 K-Frame.

Sense you are looking for a K-Frame, you might as well get the correct one and not worry about getting the aftermarket mounts or modifying a /6 one to fit.

I’ve seen about five K-frames get crushed in the last few months, from a Pull-a-part not far from me. Two of them were ’86 5th Ave’s, that I went back to get more parts off of a couple of days later, they were gone.

BudW

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Only difference is the engine mounts. Schumaker makes /6 to V8 adapter mounts if need be. Easy to modify the slant 6 K and use.
I have a couple V8 K's and sets of UCA's and LCA's.
Shipping to Ontario would be crazy expensive. In the $270 range.
Buffalo/Niagara Falls or another NY/Can border town would be much cheaper. (K shipped by Greyhound to Buffalo approx. $94)
Also maybe check with MrAspen (Fred R.) he's in your province.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Only difference is the engine mounts. Schumaker makes /6 to V8 adapter mounts if need be. Easy to modify the slant 6 K and use.
I have a couple V8 K's and sets of UCA's and LCA's.
Shipping to Ontario would be crazy expensive. In the $270 range.
Buffalo/Niagara Falls or another NY/Can border town would be much cheaper. (K shipped by Greyhound to Buffalo approx. $94)
Also maybe check with MrAspen (Fred R.) he's in your province.

Mr Aspen?

D149

Reaction score
Jim
I contacted Fred last week, but he doesn't have any right now. I will send you a PM, as I have a US shipping address in Michigan.

Thanks for all the help.
Dave

Captain
I contacted National Moparts , but they never got back to me after the first reply.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Jim
I contacted Fred last week, but he doesn't have any right now. I will send you a PM, as I have a US shipping address in Michigan.

Thanks for all the help.
Dave

Captain
I contacted National Moparts , but they never got back to me after the first reply.

Just call again and ask for Scott. You have to keep on them but they're good guys.

D149

Reaction score
Just a quick update.

I got a perfect K-frame, upper and lower control arms, and rear brake backing plates all from F Body deconstructor Jim. Shipping was not too bad from Arizona to Michigan where I have a US address (shipping depot). Jim is fantastic to deal with, and the parts are perfect. Arizona parts sure beat Canadian rust!! I'm in the middle of a move and building a new garage at the new house, so I haven't had any time to work on the Caravelle, but I will update the site when I do.

Thanks again everyone for your help, and thanks Jim for the great parts!

Dave

20160621_184447 (1024x576).jpg

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I thought that was us.
Nope, London is the per capita leader of serial killers, dismemberments and bike thefts.
A new Statistics Canada report ranks London as one of the least safe cities in southern Ontario.
The safest city, according to the report, was Quebec City, followed by Barrie and Toronto.

Last edited:

D149

Reaction score
Wow! I never would have thought that. I go to London often and nobody has ever tried to dismember me!

Back