K member

Mirada512

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a k member question. Small block to big block, I have a option to get a 70’s big block b body k member from my Dad and I’m wondering if the bb k member will bolt right in to my Mirada. I can’t get measurements on the bb k member cause he lives 4 hours away. So I’m asking my fellow guru’s if they would know. Thanks for any info!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a k member question. Small block to big block, I have a option to get a 70’s big block b body k member from my Dad and I’m wondering if the bb k member will bolt right in to my Mirada. I can’t get measurements on the bb k member cause he lives 4 hours away. So I’m asking my fellow guru’s if they would know. Thanks for any info!
Nope, not even close to fitting. They are completely different.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There is very little the same between A/B/E-body and F/M/J. They are the only ones with transverse torsion bars, among other things.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The K-frames for FMJ are unique on many levels.
This is for an A-body (but '73 and older B-body and E-body are simular):
K BB Ab.jpg

Note: this one uses spool engine mounts - the same ones FMJ's use.
K 70 Bb.jpg

This is a '70 B-body. It uses the flat biscuit engine mounts.
K Cb.jpg

A C-body subframe.
BBvsSB 73-74k-frame b.jpg

A '74-81 B/R-body K-frame (smaller than C-body but much larger than older A/B/E-body. This one shows the difference between Small Block and Big Block mount position.
A little metal work and welding, you can change a FMJ K-frame to a big block (if wanted).
BudW

Back