K member

Mirada512

Reaction score
Just an out of the blue question. Do any other k members fit the j body. Just wondering before I get to that point and start cutting up the small block k member.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Do you mean like the almighty Slant-Six leaning-power-o'-tower???

Yes, that K-frame would fit, if you want to run a V8 you'd need a set of engine mount adapters though.

Mirada512

Reaction score
Do you mean like the almighty Slant-Six leaning-power-o'-tower???

Yes, that K-frame would fit, if you want to run a V8 you'd need a set of engine mount adapters though.
I have the small block k member but going big block. Was wondering if other k members would work. I was at a family gathering and the thought went through my head.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I have the small block k member but going big block. Was wondering if other k members would work. I was at a family gathering and the thought went through my head.
Yup, in that case you can use the very same K-frame, but you need to score a set of the Schumacher () conversion mounts.

Strangely enough (to me anyways, after all who'd want to build a big block when you can put together a pretty stout stroker small block..."ohhh noo...he just pulled the pin on that thing"), the /6 to SB conversion mounts rarely pop up, while the SB to BB stuff shows up here and there!

Camtron

Reaction score
I have a set of Schumacher Small Bock to Big Block conversion mounts for our cars. Schumacher is currently sold out of them but, I’m sure they’ll be available again.
They seem to be rotating their product production runs in small batches so, keep an eye out on their website. They’ll sell out pretty quick these days.

Schumacher website: Engine swap solutions for your classic Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth

Back