Leaf Spring Bushings

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
They should fit.

Just ordered a set (of rubber ones) for my car, 24 hours ago.

I like polyurethane for sway bars - but not sure I want them for my leaf springs (and with ISO’s removed), for street usage.
I was going to take a stud and place in the two holes on each front oval bushing to fill the gap.

BudW

Bruceynz

Reaction score
When I was driving my car I got a part in the road where is has a bit of a step on the edge of the road, the front held a straight line but the back gave a bit of a wobble, is that the iso clamp stuff moving underneath not being able to hold the rear end parallel to the car?

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
One really needs to see the parts when “wobble” is taking place (which is a bit more difficult than it sounds), to know where the problem is exactly.

I’ve heard a bunch of people who removed the ISO-clamps said car feels much better. Not a person has said it wasn’t worth the effort.

Before 1973 (or thereabouts), All Mopars didn’t have rear Iso-clamps nor the rubber bushings between K-frame to chassis (except for full size on the later).
(Correction: all 1967 and up Imperials and some 1970 and up C-bodies did have a slightly different rear Iso-clamp system.
Iso-Clamp.JPG

Blue is non. Red is Iso-clamp.
Sping Plate PNs.JPG

One way to get rid of the Iso-clamp is to purchase shock plates from an older Mopar and replace the Iso-clamps with 'em. There are instructions for this, if you Google it.

There are three different popular factory (non-Iso) shock plates out there.
‘70 E-body is by itself (the shock stud is in different position).
The rest share two different styles: one for 7¼“differential, and everything else.
The 7¼” has a smaller diameter tube. I know ’64 (and maybe older) to ‘73ish works.

It should look like this, with the small hole in center.
shock plate.jpg

One thing to keep in mind, is if you go to older style shock plate, your lower end of shocks are different (but, hey, you need your shocks replaced anyway).

I bought one set of shock plates on eBay a while back for $100 US (a bit more than I wanted to spend), but I need another set.

I wonder if a person could make a set by using the upper part of Iso-clamp plate (for shock and/or sway bar attachment) and make a lower plate yourself using steel plate?
Shockplates1.jpg

From FFI
Isodeletekit_fmj.jpg
Iso-delete kit, also from FFI.

80mirada

Reaction score
I used the kit from Firm Feel, very nice but a little spendy. If you can find B body shock plates cheaper then it is a simpler swap. But if you have expensive shocks already or a factory rear sway bar, the Firm Feel kit might be better.

The swaybar tabs are extra if you order that kit. You will need new longer U bolts for the early style shock plates

80mirada

Reaction score
You will have to make up a spacer for the axle bracket since the locator hole is much larger than the locator pin in the spring if you go with early shock plates.

The Firm Feel kit comes with them, they look like a washer but are quite thick

Back