Leaf springs

Voeltagear

Reaction score
What is a good leaf spring upgrade for a 1976 dodge aspen sedan? The ones on the car have no arch left. I'd like to eliminate the oval front bushings and axle mount isolators.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Back around 2005 or so, I got springs from Eaton Detroit. They have round front spring eyes. Very happy with them.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Bought my five leaf springs from JohnR Spring locally. Used factory B body shock plates to eliminate the ISO setup and an adapter plate from Firm Feel to mount the sway bar to.

Camtron

Reaction score
Got 5 leaf springs from, General Spring Kc with round eyelet bushings. Used, Firm Feels, M body ISO delete kit and their sway bar mounts, but if I had to do it over knowing what I know now, I would have ordered their, B Body ISO delete kit. Gets rid of the goofy top shock plate and opens up a lot more options for rear shocks.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Way back when I had replaced just the main leaf, and that was part# 78-755-1.

Looking up that parts gets me a bunch of hits on "78-755", which is the full 4-leaf pack:

1) StengelBros
_p_2924.html

These guys have a discount - $20 off on $200 spend...maybe worth looking into?

2) TruckSprings https://www.truckspring.com/products/truck-springs/replacement-leaf-spring-78-755.aspx

These springs use the round front bushing, so you'll need new bushings as well (good idea to start off with anyways).

If you happen to stay with the ISO setup, pick up Poly biscuit replacements (EnergySuspension, part# 5-6106G). I've got this on my coupe, car rides great, factory sway bar install, no problem!

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Contact Espo Springs and Things. They can fix you up.

Back