LEGENDARY F BODY COVERS

CM360

Reaction score
Quickly scanned the Legendary catalog and they list F bod till '78. Did seat design change for 79-80?

Aspen500

Reaction score
I think the seat itself is the same, the pattern of the upholstery is different.
Ever notice how they seem almost embarrassed to have f-body upholstery? No mention in their ads or anywhere else. Magazine ads just say "1957-1979 A, B, C and E Body". Only way to know it exists is to run across it by accident.

80mirada

Reaction score
I called them a few years ago about doing Mirada seat covers, the conversation was less than cordial. They had the correct material and the pattern to do them but the price they quoted was obscene, and their desire to NOT do them was apparent. For reference both local upholstery shops quoted me far less to repair the padding, make the covers and install them, than legendary wanted just to make the covers.

DCAspen

Reaction score
It took years for them to make those covers.A former member drove to their shop with a set of old covers for them to copy.

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's why I sound sort of bitter towards Legendary, Mirada. I called about 15 years ago (because the ads said '57-'79 Chrysler products) asking about availability of covers for my '79 Aspen. The guy on the phone told me, while more or less laughing and in a condescending tone, "we don't have anything like that". OK fine, but he didn't have to be such a dick about it. Even if they did now make the ones I need (they don't) I wouldn't buy them. Normally hold a grudge for about 2 minutes but this was different. Only one other place I feel the same about and it's an NOS Mopar place that I won't name by name. Would NEVER buy from them even if they had the only one of something I needed.
Sorry, going off on a tangent again. :)

80mirada

Reaction score
That was my experience, kinda. I had helped a bunch of people order from them, most brand x stuff. I was on the phone with them ordering complete interiors for some guys I worked for (I was in a temporary office job). I asked in passing about the patterns for 80-83 Mirada highback buckets, and I was told "yeah, we have them, used to be popular with the street rod crowd" I asked if they had the Dk. Blue smooth grain vinyl, they said "sure". I asked what it would cost to do a set of fronts and the back seat, all I heard was laughing, and then he quoted me "$3500". I had a quote from a local shop for $1500 including installation at that point. I asked why and the answer was the same "no market" needless to say I am still pissed and will give my business to a local shop or another upholstery maker when the time comes.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Iggy makes great seat covers for f-bodies ,,i have a set i bought of stalkervette,,there amassing

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
here is a pic

10603633_461168750698417_5613037379859011109_n.jpg

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Because there's limited market, the price is insane, but what would the price be on a 100 or more if a group buy could be arranged.
But I don't need seat covers, so I wouldn't be 'in'.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought to contact PUI? They don't sell directly but it's possible something could be ordered through one of their dealers. It's worth investigating if you need them.
My dealings with Legendary weren't stellar either; my Challenger came with a set of white Legendary upholstery but I'm doing a black interior. I ordered the PUI seatcovers from Year One and they're nice, but I ain't gonna lie--the Legendary stuff does seem to be nicer.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I agree, I've seen the Legendary products and they are excellent. It's the same old '64-'76 A, B and E body attitude you get from a lot of places. It's like Mopar quit building cars in '76. That and the condescending laugh as they basically tell you using different words "an Aspen, why would you want to have one of THOSE cars?" Screw 'em. Sorry, rant is over now :)

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Our buddy got them to make them, you may not like the price but you will love the quality. The red ones are killer priced.

compubert

Reaction score
Are the seat frames that much different from F to M? Bucket or bench/split? I don't make seat covers, just curious.

Mike Ricketts

Reaction score
Yeah, I need front and rear leather for my LeBaron coupe. I'm sure I'll need lube for those covers/installed.

Last edited:
Back