WANTED Looking for an 8 1/4 F body or 8 3/4 B body with suregrip rear axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironwolf

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for either an 8 1/4 out of an F body or an 8 3/4 out of a B body. It needs to have a suregrip. Let me know if you have one and where your located. Also what your looking to get would like a complete rearend.

NoCar340

Reaction score
You're talking about a potentially vast price gap. You might want to post a price range you're willing to pay for one or the other, as well as what gear you want (or should I say what you'd consider). A B-body 8.75" with a 3.55 Sure Grip could be a very pricey proposition.
Remember, if you get an 8.25" with a 2.2x or 2.4x gear you're stuck with one of those two ratios due to the oddball diff. The 2.76:1 and lower (numerically higher) gears won't physically fit without changing the carrier.
Here's an option to keep in mind: The '69-'70 non-HP B-bodies had 8.25" rears with the exact-same dimensions as the better axle, without the crappy iso-clamp perches of the FMJ rears. Those guys will just about give away those axles after they've swapped out to an 8.75" or Dana. ;)

Ironwolf

Reaction score
I picked up a third member today could use one more I would like to be in the area of a 355 gear ratio with a posi unit. Thanks

NoCar340

Reaction score
A Mopar Posi?! Is it going behind a 360 Turbo-Jet/TurboHydratmatic 727 combo in an Aspen SS?! :confused:

80mirada

Reaction score
Eaton, theirs is a Posi, they also have the Tru-trac witch is a Quaife style torque transfer limited-slip.
Yukon makes the Power-Lok, a copy of the Dana, original Sure-Grip
Dana has the Track-Lok,
Auburn makes the Borg Warner Anti-Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back