WANTED Looking for Super Six parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi all, Newb here.

I'd like to find a Carter or Holley 2bbl for the super six setup, as well as the brackets, choke thermostat, kick down linkage, and exhaust manifold. I'll admit, this is going into a '63 Valiant, not an F,M,or J body. I hope that doesn't bother you guys. I've already got an intake, gas pedal and throttle cable, as well as a v8 bbd, and a smaller exhaust manifold. I was hoping to find all the parts necessary to do the job right. I live in Winchester, VA. I'm willing to travel to meet, or pay for shipping.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

slant6billy

Reaction score
100_3938.JPG

It is complete aircleaner to pedal. In Southern NJ, so 6 hours from you. I don't own it, but have been grabbing parts the last few weeks. I know the owner. It is a private yard. He is really reasonable on price. You just need to bring your tools.

Ob1

Reaction score
View attachment 14848
It is complete aircleaner to pedal. In Southern NJ, so 6 hours from you. I don't own it, but have been grabbing parts the last few weeks. I know the owner. It is a private yard. He is really reasonable on price. You just need to bring your tools.

View attachment 14848
It is complete aircleaner to pedal. In Southern NJ, so 6 hours from you. I don't own it, but have been grabbing parts the last few weeks. I know the owner. It is a private yard. He is really reasonable on price. You just need t
View attachment 14848
--- Post updated ---
I also have this set up. I have yet to decide what direction I want to go in. I' m really leaning towards changing to a V 8 setup. I have a 340 that would really do my 2dr 81 Diplomat some real justice. If I could get what I need to do that, I would gladly pass on that whole setup in the interest of helping someone with their /6 project

Reaction score
I've got 340 parts, as well as two small block 727s.. One's a TCI, but they may need rebuilt. What else do you need?

Ob1

Reaction score
I also have this set up. I have yet to decide what direction I want to go in. I' m really leaning towards changing to a V 8 setup. I have a 340 that would really do my 2dr 81 Diplomat some real justice. If I could get what I need to do that, I would gladly pass on that whole setup in the interest of helping someone with their /6

Ob1

Reaction score
I've got 340 parts, as well as two small block 727s.. One's a TCI, but they may need rebuilt. What else do you need?
I'm looking at building a HiPo daily driver so maybe a set of the 340 cast iron headers, any 340 badge trimparts 80-89 Police Fury pkg(brakes,trans,rear,HD alt,etc.) I'm also interested in your trans.

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I have no idea what exhaust manifolds or headers will fit in your Dippy. I know that if you're going to run a 340, your choice of induction and heads will net your biggest gain. If you can find a ld340 intake, they are an excellent choice, and vintage cool. However, your best package is an Edelbrock RPM air gap, with 89-91 or so 308 casting heads with appropriate porting, and big valves in them. There's money in that machining, but those heads are better overall than the way more expensive X or J heads, even with the machining for the bigger valves. The X and J heads just give the period correct guys an exclusivity boner. As for the brakes and rear, I imagine you'll find better luck on this forum than you will with me, however.. I do have the trans. It might be a rebuildable core from sitting, but I'd consider that an even swap for all of the appropriate super six parts (that I don't already have).

Let me know what you think, or PM. me for my contact info, because this board will disappear it if I put it on here, despite this being a free country.

Matt

Screenshot taken..

Ob1

Reaction score
Any pics of your 81 Diplomat
Not right now. I have it in storage for the moment but about to remedy that situation SOON.
--- Post updated ---
I'll be honest, I have no idea what exhaust manifolds or headers will fit in your Dippy. I know that if you're going to run a 340, your choice of induction and heads will net your biggest gain. If you can find a ld340 intake, they are an excellent choice, and vintage cool. However, your best package is an Edelbrock RPM air gap, with 89-91 or so 308 casting heads with appropriate porting, and big valves in them. There's money in that machining, but those heads are better overall than the way more expensive X or J heads, even with the machining for the bigger valves. The X and J heads just give the period correct guys an exclusivity boner. As for the brakes and rear, I imagine you'll find better luck on this forum than you will with me, however.. I do have the trans. It might be a rebuildable core from sitting, but I'd consider that an even swap for all of the appropriate super six parts (that I don't already have).

Let me know what you think, or PM. me for my contact info, because this board will disappear it if I put it on here, despite this being a free country.

Matt

Screenshot taken..
--- Post updated ---
My 340 is complete. Came out of a running car that got wrapped around a tree. Just needs freshening up. Trying to figure out a way to get your contact info. It's much easier to talk than go back & forth with this text BS

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Isn't the Dippy a lil heavy for a 340? Unless you install a short period, 2bbl type cam in her. That would give her a little giddy-up. 22 cubes is about 22 ftlbs which is nearly one rear gear size.And the bigger heads could give her a little midrange with the 4bbl, as long as the c/r stays good.

I have an 85 Fifth Ave, and IMO,it's a tank. The 318 in her does pretty good,tho,at least while cruising. Pretty lazy outta the gate tho.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Edit!

I've found everything I need for the conversion except for the one piece of kickdown linkage with the arced slot cut into it that goes from the carb, to the bell crank in between the carb and trans.. Anybody got one?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back