Luxury Cop Car

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I finally snapped and pulled those twenty pound frisbee's off my Fifth Ave.....spoker's that is....they rattle like a SOB and they're a total beotch to clean...so....the doggies go on.
I really like it...now the car needs a wash and of course I need to paint the rims....and ditch the whitewalls which is fine cause it's time for new rubber anyway....it'll look like a luxury cop car.
And it was nice to drive home without it sounding like parts were gonna fall off my car.....when they're painted it'll look sweet.

2014-03-14 17.47.17.jpg

2014-03-14 17.47.17.jpg

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I gotta know whats in those sacks on the trunk.
One looks like lunch or Dinner.

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
I think it would look even cooler with body-colored wheels rather than black, and yes--ditch the white stripes!

NoCar340

Reaction score
Agreed....
Blackwalls, body color rims, and civvy doggies.
I said Cap'n speak-a my lan-guage?
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich.

We're obviously on the same wavelength here. Love the visual of the car in my head!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I said Cap'n speak-a my lan-guage?
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich.

We're obviously on the same wavelength here. Love the visual of the car in my head!

Oh....do you come from the land down under?

Yes Sir.....I think we're seeing this car the same way.
I'm so impatient about seeing it like that I was thinking about spraying the whitewalls with flay black just to see it...

efriedrich

Reaction score
IMO definitely paint the wheels body color or at least grey but I like the white walls. The 5th is a classy looking car and black walls with the dog dishes just don't seem to look quite right. The 5th has the vinyl top and all the chrome and fender louvers white walls seem to fit it well. While I'm running my pie hole I wouldn't use trim rings either they look way to busy with doggies IMO...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
IMO definitely paint the wheels body color or at least grey but I like the white walls. The 5th is a classy looking car and black walls with the dog dishes just don't seem to look quite right. The 5th has the vinyl top and all the chrome and fender louvers white walls seem to fit it well. While I'm running my pie hole I wouldn't use trim rings either they look way to busy with doggies IMO...

I'm pretty sure I'm going blackwalls and I get a chance to experiment.
Those tires on there now are on their last legs so I'm going to paint the rims body color and flat black the whitewall just so I can get an idea of how it looks.
The Fifth Ave is a luxury car but I've always thought it could use a little attitude.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Okay.....you have to do a lot of pretending here.
Picture this as a silver Fifth Ave and no trim rings
And civvy doggies instead of the Dodge doggies
Gives you an idea of what I'm shooting for though.

index-12.jpg

index-12.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Just a suggestion: If you use black vinyl dye, it should stick until you get your new tires.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't even pop for SEM unless you need it for something else. Dupli-Color makes a decent one for much less coinage that will do the job if you clean the tires first.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't even pop for SEM unless you need it for something else. Dupli-Color makes a decent one for much less coinage that will do the job if you clean the tires first.

Thanks for the info.
I can get the dupli-color and all the other stuff at my local Crappy (Canadian) Tire store.....one stop shopping.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Figures....I'm dying to paint these wheels and it's freezing cold here again so I have to wait......Grrrrrrr!!!

My imp

Reaction score
If you can find one, Earl Scheib has a "tire dressing" that comes in a gallon can. It's about as thick as bead seal, but do you seriously think they masked your tires for a $69.99 paint job? Brush that spooge on there, & by the time it wore off, it had eaten the overspray off of the tires!

Back