Magnum Force Front Suspension

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a lot of $ to justify for a $1,000 M body.

Other than that, I can’t comment - except for one thing.
That company has two different upper control arms (UCA) for sale.

This one (which uses bushings (but small ones)) to chassis.
MFR161022_mopar_bushed_control_arms.jpg

And this one (which uses no bushings (rubber or polyurethane) - but is adjustable.
MFR%20161022-D_med_res.jpg

I like the adjustability aspect – but these style rod ends
hal-cml3_xl.jpg

Are not meant to be driven on the street. For Race only.

You will feel every single squished ant, every grain of sand and every drop of water in the seat of your paints – not counting all of the small minor street imperfections. The big bumps is what will shake your kidneys out of position.

For street use, you have to have some rubber between you and the suspension. Polyurethane is questionable – but is still FAR better than metal on metal.

IF I went back into racing, and IF was building a “race only” and trailered car - I would still want to use the UCA’s with rubber (or Poly) bushings.

My body can’t take the metal on metal rod ends, any more (or 30 years ago, even).
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Cost,,,all depends on what you're building and what purpose you're building it for.

I'd improve on the installation. For the upper coil over mount through bolts, I would drill the holes larger and weld some tubes in before bolting the bracket on. That way you wouldn't have to worry about crushing the frame rail, which eventually leads to the bolts being loose.

I know what you mean BudW. My car has all rubber bushings, except for the k-frame mounts (poly) and the iso-plate insulators which are also poly. It rides about as firm as my body could stand for any length of time. Getting old(er) really sucks and I'm not enjoying it one little bit, lol. Being an auto tech for 33 years, so far, isn't helping in the body area either..................

Volare4life

Reaction score
Or drill a bunch more holes in mounting plates and burn everything in imho

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I haven't looked into it much, but I wonder if the upper shock mount of our k members could support a coil-over?

9secRR

Reaction score
it's a ton of money and i don't think it's worth it. i started to click some of the options and it was over $6K.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
RKS makes the Alterkation front end. One of the members here used it to make the installation of a GenIII hemi easier. I think Hotchkiss might as well.

Back