Magnum Force Suspension FMJ-Body Transformer Suspension Conversion

dytch2220

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering the idea of purchasing this setup for my car.

Mopar F, J, M-body Transformer Suspension Aspen, Volare, Diplomat, LeBaron

Since im planning to replace or upgrade most of the suspension and swap in a gen iii 6.4 down the line, seems like a reasonable move. I called to inquire about some of the options so I could see the final price and start budgeting. They were unsure if this would work in my vehicle because of the year. Are there differences in the m-body front suspension across the years that could cause this not to be a fit? Now, this was the person answering the phone and not the owner. They have promised a call back with the answer to my questions. They mentioned the kit was developed from an Aspen although I failed to ask what year. Curious about what you all think while I wait..

Last edited:

DCAspen

Reaction score
That will fit your vehicle,Big money ,nice setup

Joe12459

Reaction score
Looks like a sweet setup. I went with RMS AlterKtion in my Hemi Mirada. Very similar setup and cost, definitely worth the investment.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
They were unsure if this would work in my vehicle
To answer your question about stock parts. There are a few (very minor) changes made with the K-frames over the years – but all suspension parts will interchange between all ’76-89 FMJ-body’s.

To recap (on factory parts) there are two different classes of K-frames, /6 and LA small blocks (will use V8, sense the factory didn’t install any other engines in these cars.

According to the parts manuals, they also made a police version of /6 and V8 K-frames – but a side by side comparison – I can’t tell any differences between the two versions.

I would see no problem whatsoever installing a ’76 K-frame into a ’89 (or vice versa).

However, I would recommend checking over any K-frame for cracks and to weld as much of it together before installing it.
For racing usage, I might even recommend adding a few gussets to it.
BudW

Back