Magnum Force Suspension FMJ-Body Transformer Suspension Conversion

Chassis, Suspension and wheels

1. dytch2220

dytch2220 Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering the idea of purchasing this setup for my car.

Mopar F, J, M-body Transformer Suspension Aspen, Volare, Diplomat, LeBaron

Since im planning to replace or upgrade most of the suspension and swap in a gen iii 6.4 down the line, seems like a reasonable move. I called to inquire about some of the options so I could see the final price and start budgeting. They were unsure if this would work in my vehicle because of the year. Are there differences in the m-body front suspension across the years that could cause this not to be a fit? Now, this was the person answering the phone and not the owner. They have promised a call back with the answer to my questions. They mentioned the kit was developed from an Aspen although I failed to ask what year. Curious about what you all think while I wait..

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. DCAspen

DCAspen Well-Known Member

That will fit your vehicle,Big money ,nice setup

4speedjim and dytch2220 like this.
  3. Joe12459

Joe12459 Well-Known Member

Looks like a sweet setup. I went with RMS AlterKtion in my Hemi Mirada. Very similar setup and cost, definitely worth the investment.

dytch2220 likes this.
  4. dytch2220

dytch2220 Well-Known Member

That is one bad Mirada. Cool to see your magazine feature!

Joe12459 likes this.
  5. Joe12459

Joe12459 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

6. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

To answer your question about stock parts. There are a few (very minor) changes made with the K-frames over the years – but all suspension parts will interchange between all ’76-89 FMJ-body’s.

To recap (on factory parts) there are two different classes of K-frames, /6 and LA small blocks (will use V8, sense the factory didn’t install any other engines in these cars.

According to the parts manuals, they also made a police version of /6 and V8 K-frames – but a side by side comparison – I can’t tell any differences between the two versions.

I would see no problem whatsoever installing a ’76 K-frame into a ’89 (or vice versa).

However, I would recommend checking over any K-frame for cracks and to weld as much of it together before installing it.
    For racing usage, I might even recommend adding a few gussets to it.
    BudW