Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I just started a weeks vacation and spent the afternoon doing some clean up around the house and getting ready for six days of visits of varying lengths from kids, grandkids, friends, family, in-laws and outlaws. By the time my vacation is over I'll need to get back to work so I can have a rest. Fortunately I was able to hide in the garage for a little peace and quiet. While I as out there I took a few "artsy" pics of the wagon.

I'd like to wish all of you and everyone close to you a very merry Xmas and good health and prosperity in the coming year.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Thanks Raff. And a Merry, Happy, Healthy to you and yours also! I like these pics with different perspectives. The first one with the glass of "ginger ale" on the hood made me think that your Volare looked new - with that perfect grill, it made me remember when these great cars WERE new, now some 40 years ago! I remember test driving a brand new '78 Aspen four speed Super Six base wagon in 1978. It was a dark green with vinyl seats, and I remember thinking that it couldn't compare with my '76 Volare Premier four speed /6 that I owned at the time. I went on to keep that '76 Premier for years. It's nice to see your pics of OY's Volare twin! Enjoy your time off!

old yellow 78

Reaction score
You are very fortunate to have found your Volare in such minty condition! And a V8 four speed also! F wagons in such good shape are getting quite difficult to find IMO. Another nice one is BudW's blue '77 wagon - such an unusual color! I wish I had the time to work on OY instead of having it sit in the garage waiting and waiting. It's nice to see the pics of your wagon which are inspiring to me. Now that I have my "Christmas toys" of the "wood grained" glove box door and the LONG awaited Special Edition steering wheel, many, many thanks to Silverd1973, they too are just sitting. Arrggh!

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all, I hope Santa is good to everyone I'm looking forward to a fresh bag of coal!:cool:

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all F/M/J body lovers!
Bought my Aspen a Christmas gift, a set of NOS chrome door lock knobs. Time to get rid of the chrome peeling, finger cutting originals:p

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Thanks Raff. And a Merry, Happy, Healthy to you and yours also! I like these pics with different perspectives. The first one with the glass of "ginger ale" on the hood made me think that your Volare looked new - with that perfect grill, it made me remember when these great cars WERE new, now some 40 years ago! I remember test driving a brand new '78 Aspen four speed Super Six base wagon in 1978. It was a dark green with vinyl seats, and I remember thinking that it couldn't compare with my '76 Volare Premier four speed /6 that I owned at the time. I went on to keep that '76 Premier for years. It's nice to see your pics of OY's Volare twin! Enjoy your time off!
In about 1979, I bought a low mileage, mint condition,318/904, 77 Volare wagon, with Brrrrrrr ice cold A/C . Dark green inside and outside; man I thought that was ugly.... but the price was right, a tic under $1000. Hyup babies were coming, so I couldn't be too choosy. That car made it to the mid 80s or so hauling three babies around, including moving everybody and everything I had collected to our new-to-us little shack in the country. The color grew on me, and every once in a while I kindof miss it.
You know what's really sad is I can't remember what I ever did with that car.
You know what I remember most is every spring, as soon as the snow was gone, the Geen Machine went on a scavenger hunt, collecting beer bottles and cans for miles around,with the two older kids humping them back to the cargo bay, with lil Davy watching the goings on from the open hatch.Then we'd go back to town,cash it all in; and off we went to MickeyDee's. Good times at AJs. I miss that too.

Merry Christmas to all

Last edited:
Back