Middle of winter car "fix"

Aspen500

Reaction score
Couldn't resist backing the car out and letting it run for a bit today. it was 40 degrees and zero wind and this time of year, you do NOT waste something like that. Here is a video to prove the story since no pic or video, it didn't happen. Only 4 months to go, roughly, before the car can come back out and go down the street. After making the video and seeing it, yes I know the back up lights are not functioning. I'm on it though!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Ran mine today too. Was so good to hear. First time in 3 months.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's kid of weird how just hearing your car run can boost your mood, isn't it? About this time of year, every year, the so called winter blues set in and cabin fever is rampant and having the car out of the garage, even if only for a few minutes, does wonders.

barbee6043

Reaction score
You guys live WAYyyy too far North!!!!!! I agree, just to start it up and hear it run, is music for the soul!!!! Many time I wish I had a place that I need to drive to.....too old to start work again!!

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
Beautiful car man where did u get ur fuel and brake lines also ur sub frame connectors?

Aspen500

Reaction score
The fuel and brake lines are from Inline Tube. I modified the master lines because they only had ones for power brakes, I have manual. Of course, the rear axle lines would never have worked so I made those myself. The Inline ones are for an f-body length 8 1/4" rear. I almost made all the lines from scratch but for the cost of prebent with the spiral armor spring and the correct fittings, etc, it wasn't worth the trouble. If I remember right, the fuel and brake lines together were only about $160. Used Inline Tube trans cooler lines as well and ordered ones to fit a big block '73 Roadrunner. Fit was perfect, only mod was at the radiator. The RR uses threaded fittings, Aspen uses flexible hose connections at the cooler. I originally got the repop 360 Aspen trans lines from them and there was no way they were going to work with a big block.

The subframe connectors are just standard 2"x 2" square tubing welded to the stock subframe rails and channeled through the rear footwell area with the floor welded to them. With the carpet, you never know they're there. They've been on the car for almost 30 years, just after I originally did a bog block swap. It was obvious after driving the car right away that connectors weren't an option, they were mandatory.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I took my Volare wagon for a ride on Saturday from home to Sarris Candy in Cannonsburg, to pick up a school fundraiser. About an hour and 1/2 round trip.

We can't do that here, even if the roads are dry. The salt and sand, especially the salt, are thick. Even when the roads are dry, vehicles turn white from the salt dust.

This is in Saltconsin, I mean Wisconsin, 180 miles due east of Minneapolis.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder why I still live here, and complain about the weather, but that's the ONLY thing I don't care for and can't imagine living anywhere else.
That said, it does get frustrating sometimes, having to wait until May, or even June before the cars can come back out most years. It is what it is, right?:cool:

Mr C

Reaction score
Congratulations, sir on a wicked little car!

Back