Miloldon pan and "our" K-Frame spacing???

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of yanking the 360 motor out and building a quicker 408" stroker (got all the parts already, and outside of just the short-block changes everything else stays the same).

Currently I'm running a stock oil pan. I picked up a Milodon low-profile pan some time ago, but given the side "kick-out" it has I'm wondering if this is a potential issue in our cars (K-frame limitations, etc).

Has anyone tried this combination?

Here is the pan for your reference, we are talking Milodon #30940:

mil-30940_ml.jpg

My next step is to do a card-board cutout of the sump part and somehow wiggle it into shape to check for any clearance problems. I suppose I could also yank the motor as-is, replace the part for a quick check, drop it right back in, bolt-up the headers and have a look'n'see...just hoping to avoid that whole process if I can...LOL!

Thanks guys.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Depending on your headers, they may hit the kickout of the pan. As for the k member, that is going to be interesting too. You may have to drop and raise it a few times. I am going to try a 6 qt mopar performance pan and expect to get it bumped into a little.

Locomotion

Reaction score
I've only put the Milodon 8 qt. pan in an A-body and don't have access to an Aspen I have for a visual estimation. (OEM pan on it.) But I did have to cut a little "V" out of the A-body K-frame lip, where the pan's front right corner is, to make it easier to R&R the engine. They have a 7 qt. pan that may not have this issue. Summit - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mil-30941/overview/make/dodge

The 8 qt. pan does limit which headers will fit. TTI headers do fit with no issues. (E-body version.) Not sure which other brands/part #'s will or won't. No problem with the 7 qt. either , but a call to Milodon may help in determining if the 7 qt. addressed the k-frame and other header issues.

Moparguy45

Reaction score
Ever figure out if that Milodon #30940 pan fits? Im considering the same pan. I have the 8 qts moroso and keep bumping stuff on the ground with it so looking for something lower profile.

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
I had the 30940 pan in my Mirada with hedman 78050 headers and it fit fine. The front of the sump was close to the edge of K member yeah, but I didn't have to clearance it. The passenger side header came close to the kickout of the pan as well, but again it was OK.

Back