Mirada Nosecone

rowdy351

Reaction score
I thought the nosecone on the Mirada was plastic/composite.
Looking under, I took these pics.
As a Aussie, what the hell am I dealing with?
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

80mirada

Reaction score
That is the steel inner bumper, it has a structural foam section that helps hold the nose in shape. It also acts as the bumper

rowdy351

Reaction score
Does that mean I have to replace the whole nose cone assembly?
Or can I get the steel inner bumper as a separate part?
Does anyone have a few pictures of the rear of a nosecone already removed from the car or a schematic parts drawing?
I need to know what I am dealing with.

80mirada

Reaction score
The inner bumper is listed as a "rebar" by many used sources and much easier to find than a good cover. Those inner bumpers are pretty sturdy,road salt usually causes that kind of damage to them. I would clean it up and find a welder to patch it up

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
The nose is urethane with a fiberglass reinforcement piece which is what the headlight assemblies are attached to. As said above the bumper is completely separate behind it. It's pretty much a C shaped channel with foam on it. I'd just put POR15 or something on it to keep it from getting worse but it could probably be patched up if you want.
From what I remember the nose cone is held to the fenders with 5 nuts on each side, and 3 brackets with 2 bolts each in front of the radiator. And that strap you see on the bottom. It comes off pretty easily really.

25512210003_large.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Good day, mate!!
No worries with that small amount of rust...I actually remove that bumper/reinforcement on my Miradas, in a weight saving effort....
Check your front frame rails as those sometimes have a tendency to rust/rot..

images (2).jpg

images.jpg

Back