Mirada sunroof question

Reaction score
I am looking at a 1983 Mirada CMX that has the fake convertible top and a glass sunroof. I did not think the sunroof was available in 1983. Can anyone confirm that a sunroof was available in the 1983 Model year? Also, has anyone ever seen a sunroof in the fake convertible top?

It looks like it is a tilt/removeable glass panel. Do the factory Mirada sunroofs slide back into the roof area?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
From the Allpart site, Mirada section:

"An optional electric sunroof was available, tinted gray or gold, with an integrated sunshade and a switch on the instrument panel. Its motor was actually trunk mounted; it used a drive cable to open and close the sunroof."

and from Wikipedia:

"The T-tops and Landau would be offered every year except for 1983, and the Cabriolet top would be offered every year. However, the power sunroof was not very popular and was only offered for 1980 and 1981."

You could look on the instrument panel to be absolutely sure, and check the trunk for a motor to double check. From your description, sounds like an after market install, though.

Kostas

Last edited:

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't believe you could get a sunroof with the cabriolet top from the factory. It doesn't even make sense that they would.

Back