Mirada Value Question

randomguy

Reaction score
So, I'm just curious I'm looking at a low mileage with about 60k miles on it. It has the simulated top and tuff steering wheel. Okay, here's the low down it needs an exhaust repaired, A/C recharged (supposedly), saggy headliner, and the factory radio needs repaired which I have a late 90s Chrysler factory radio with CD player. Other than that this car has no rust, very clean, and comes with some extra interior parts. I think it might Just curious on what the value is? I was thinking $3500-$4k would be fair as the owner is asking $5k. What do you all think? Thank you in advance.

Master M

Reaction score
Make sure you look it over real well, and figure it will need more money added to it when you get it home. Every seller and buyer are different. If you think the person has to sell quickly, try a lower offer and see what happens. Posting some pictures would help everyone give you advice with the price.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I think your valuation is probably closer to what I would pay. While no rust is a huge bonus, other things, like options, overall mechanical condition, and things like bucket seats/console or split bench/column shift will also enter into it, from the standpoint of how much you like the car.

I have two Miradas, a nightwatch blue 1982 base car, and a 1981 CMX. The nightwatch blue base car is loaded; all power, semi-automatic air, 318-2BBL, A998, 8 1/4", split bench seat, 221K KM (130-150K mikes). Needs work on the front end (ball joints, bushings), and body work. $C500 is what I paid. Saggy headliner.

My CMX has the fake convertible top in white, and is red. Also loaded, but regular air, and only the driver's seat is power. Bucket seats, console shift. 106K Km (70 K miles or so). 318-4BBL, A999, 8 1/4". Also has the rear amplifier. Car came with a set of steel wheels, and a set of 5 on 5 alloys. Needs bodywork, mechanical work, and the vinyl roof replaced. Headliner has no sagging. $C1000 is what I paid..

Just relating my experiences.

randomguy

Reaction score
Thank you. Here in the states, these cars a little more expensive especially M-Bodies. The one I'm considering is loaded up. Leather with buckets, power windows, locks, 318 2bbl, aluminum road wheels. It has been sitting a while so I'm curious to the seller if the tires have been replaced as well and curious about the brakes. A test drive should confirm that. But, that's all somewhat little stuff especially if the body is clean as claimed but, I'm just curious as it is always good to come loaded with information and a handful of cash.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Forgot to say, the cars I posted about are all cloth. The blue 82 needs to have the seats recibered; the red '81 CMX has a pretty close to perfect interior.

Also, just a couple of weeks or so ago, i posted pictures of a Fifth Ave. that was offered to me for $500. It is being daily driven, has a 318-2BBL, about 200K Km (120 K miles).

Last edited:
Back