Missing Sockets, Missing Tools

Justwondering

Reaction score
I've been working on trying to recover, repair, rebuild my husbands Honda gx160 which has the water pump on it.
It took him about 18 months to remember, and remember to tell me, he never managed to get it out of the elements and back under cover.

So its got problems.

And, I decided to see if I could fix it.

When I got to the part where I needed to remove the spark plug. My deep 13/16 socket was missing. The special one for spark plugs.
Empty slot for it in the tool box but its not there. Looked everywhere for it.
Not by the tractor. Not by the Chrysler. Not by the LeBaron, the truck, the golf cart, nothing.

Today, its going to be hot again before our winter cool down starts and rather than stand around sweating out in the heat (nearly 100), I decided to stay inside and clear more clutter from the house. Ripped jeans are being cut up for a rag rug. I know where my fabric scissors are sitting, sewing box.

WHICH IS WHERE THE FREAKING SPARK PLUG SOCKET WAS SITTING!

Addams Family Lurch Groan inserted here if I knew how to do that. lol

JW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
If its like in the vid, just use a normal deep socket and keep it straight inline with the plug. The dummy one just keeps folks from trying to go at the plug at stupid angles and in some cases the tip grip is needed to get it out.

Looks like you need neither feature. And you dont seem like the dummy type so again, might consider just any deep socket on an extension.

Justwondering

Reaction score
xbody --
its like the video only much much more dirt.

I used my husband's 21mm deep socket. It was just a hair large, but not enough to do any damage.

thanks,
JW

Hayzoos

Reaction score
Spark plug socket in the sewing box, of course, makes perfect sense. I have kitchen and pruning shears in the toolbox with the socket set.

I cut an old piece of heater hose to just the right size to be an insert for the spark plug socket. I used the kitchen shears to make the cuts. The pruning shears make nice square cuts when cutting hoses to length.

Back