Mopar Ignition

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hello,

A while ago someone posted a step by step guide to covert your mopar from lean burn to a normal electronic ignition, I thought it was a sticky but now I am close to doing it I can't find it. I have searched and searched but can't turn it up, I must be searching the wrong stuff.

Can anyone help with the link to the info?

Thanks
Bruce

80mirada

Reaction score
Last edited:

Darth-Car

Reaction score
The Captain has some cool images of an old magazine article that discusses the entire process, and the removal of the smog stuff as well. If we ask real nice he might post those images here for us.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
That is the magazine article I knew the Captain had!

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks, I was looking for that Article again too, saw it about 2 weeks ago on here and couldn't remember where LOL>

Grandmas84

Reaction score
I run an hei ignition. Its super easy to install and cheaper than the mopar ignition. Gm hei 4 pin module, a proform vacumm advace distributor, and a msd blaster ss e core coil. You could also just use a stock vacumm advance distributor.

David Clark

Reaction score
I'm thinking my Dart or Aspen doesn't have the lean burn set up (although the aspen does have the EGR box on the firewall) as they both have Vacuum advance on those two, the 86 Dippy though, guy I bought it from said the Lean Burn was disconnected on it and I wanna make sure before I dig into it, what I am looking for.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm thinking my Dart or Aspen doesn't have the lean burn set up (although the aspen does have the EGR box on the firewall) as they both have Vacuum advance on those two, the 86 Dippy though, guy I bought it from said the Lean Burn was disconnected on it and I wanna make sure before I dig into it, what I am looking for.

If it's lean burn it'll have the big computer box attached to the air cleaner assembly and won't have an ECU box. If that's on there and it is disconnected it would almost have to have a vacuum advance distributor and an ECU box.

Back