Mopar People

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Without dredging old history (new actually)
Every once in a while you run into someone who claims to be Mopar...then next thing you know their slagging your ride.
Of course I'm referring to maybe say.....the A's.....B's....
We had a very recent example of the prejudice against out cars right here... Isn't that like a chebbie guy saying Impala's are the bomb but Craprice?.....what a POS.
I find it really funny that there's a "class" issue within Mopar.
Kind of ridiculous to me.
In fact....when I go to a car show...do I go drool at the rows and rows of almost identical A's and B's with the mandatory transplanted 440 which you can eat off of and enough chrome to melt your shades when the sun hits it?

Nope....because way in the back....off to the right
I see a 78 LeBaron or an 80 Aspen or something that isn't the same drill for fifteen rows. A Mirada, a Doba...a Caravelle!!!

Point being.....they're Mopar's
We're Mopar!
What's up with these kids who punk us off?
Not very Mopar of them if you ask me.
Anyway....just wanted to mention how cool it is to know that there's people out there that know a beautiful classic when they see one.

And one last note.
Nobody makes aftermarket panels for our cars.
A 70 Challenger?
Get the catalogs and your checkbook and rock on.
Our cars?
You want parts.....let the quest begin.
It's a different ballgame and sometimes it's damn near impossible to find that one part.....but you do
And one day you get it done and you have one gorgeous piece of Chrysler history.....

Awesome!

THAT'S MOPAR!

My imp

Reaction score
Jeez, you got my PM's tapped? I sent scottyv the same thing today. Not to be a dick, but we Moparites are a breed apart. I actually had a guy slam a Charger I used to have because I used the wrong vendor fender bolts for a '68! A friends little sister (she's in her 30's now) saw my Imp in a church parking lot, & thought who would drive an old car like that. One short ride convinced her that she was riding in something special. I've always been Mopar. Her brother, my sons' Godfather took one look at the car & said only Larry'd be driving something like that. Ma Mopar has made some beautiful cars, some not so. But just about everyone I've ever owned has been distinctive, some VERY distinctive. Chrysler has always been known as an engineers car. They're made to be worked on. I can do a major tuneup on a 2.2 (plugs, cap, rotor, wires, air & oil filters) before you can even find the screws on an X body GM 2.5 distributor cap, let alone change it. There are many people that slam our cars. We don't need to do it to each other as well! I've said it before, 20 rows of Camodes & Rustangs are being challenged by A, B, & E bodies these days. Remember when A bodies were the red-headed step children? They've been granted acceptable status, we're waiting in the wings for our shot as well. The F, & M bodies are very distinctive. Not much close there, except maybe Granada/Monarch/Versailles. Nothing close to an Aspen/Volare. Maybe the problem with the J body was that it wasn't distinctive enough. The Imp looks like the offspring of a Mark/Seville, Mirada looks similar to the Cutlass/GP/Monte Carlo. Perhaps that's why they weren't a runaway success.always put yourself in the other persons shoes before passing judgement & think how you'd appreciate what you're about to say something about someone's ride. But to get pissed & take it out on the car when someone started out trying to give constructive criticism.....

My imp

Reaction score
Hay Cap.'n, do they still have corporal punishment in the schools of the Great White North? Down here, they don't. I believe that's when it gets started. These kids have no ramifications for their actions. Rodney said it best, "no respect!" but on the other hand, we don't want to become the "hey kid, get off my lawn!" crowd either with the condescending speech either.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hay Cap.'n, do they still have corporal punishment in the schools of the Great White North? Down here, they don't. I believe that's when it gets started. These kids have no ramifications for their actions. Rodney said it best, "no respect!" but on the other hand, we don't want to become the "hey kid, get off my lawn!" crowd either with the condescending speech either.

Up here in Toronto the good as they call it....you yell at your kids too much and the children's aid society will be up your butt faster than you can say enema.. Good kids I have all the time in the world for. A-hole kids?.... Get the hell off my lawn.

My imp

Reaction score
Yeah, it's getting harder & harder to find the good kids. These kids of today not only don't want to get involved with the hobby, they don't even want to drive. When we were old enough, we went to the "Autorama". That was the biggest professional car show we had. Every car better than the last. We bench raced for hrs. Hell, if it isn't on PS3, these kids could care less. They think it's a thrill with a toy, put them in an 11 sec. or better car & mash the go pedal to see their faces light up with a real thrill. So glad the government has decided how best to raise our kids. Dr. (not Mr.) Spock was the one that got this bullshit started down here. Your child is your friend. Reason with them, they're intelligent human beings! 4Q2! In school, we had the "Board of Knowledge (wooden paddle w/holes drilled in it for less drag) meets the Seat of Education (your ass). Schools could use more "education", then we wouldn't have these kids saying,"What are you going to do? Ground me longer! Or yell at me louder?" nuff said!

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Yup these are all in museums now if you can find em to see them at all (I took this picture in a small town museum this past summer just to remind me what they look like)

strap.jpg

strap.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Similar. I don't want to shame or shun someone with $$$. Back on Labor Day Weekend, went to a carshow and saw a 5th - 84 I think I posted pics of. Anyway, this dude over there has a 69 Boss fastback Mustang. Instead of "302" it says Boss " 604". Fully tubed and one of those 429 Boss 9 monster motors punched to 600 plus cubes. The guy had over 90 grand into something. He also had a 69 bigblock Z28. ... again $$$$. You almost wanted to hate this guy, but he was very down to earth and want to hear what you though. He also was interested when I told him about the 5th "over there" and FMJ. His eyes lit up when I rattled off some advantages J bodies have, the ride J & M have, and how my old slant6 Volare with a 4 barrel and stroker spanked many mustangs off the line for very little $$$. Even more was the guy telling me he got beat in the 70s by a 69 green valiant running a 4 barrel on a slant6. That happen to be my old man with the valiant. Again, the guy was very respectful. He was not a mopar guy, but respected them just the same.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Those are the car guys I like. They might not be into something or ours not their thing, but they can respect the work, time, and money that's gone into it

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Exactly.......real car guys.
As much as I punk off about Chev's and Ford's
There are Merc's especially I like.
Regardless of that....I chat with fellow brand owners at shows all the time.
Sure....we rib each other saying our brand is better but it's all in good fun.
The guys I see regularly will show me upgrades they've done and vice versa
And we respect each others work.
Two of my best friends are into other brands.
One bud is diehard Ford, the other Chevy.
I help then and they help me....it's all good....great actually.
The real kick in the teeth is when you get a guy who professes to be Mopar giving you attitude....
There's a local car show on Wednesday nights...been going for years.
When I first showed up with my newly transformed Caravelle
I was all excited.....I was one of the classic Mopar owners now!
I saw these guys all parked in a row with their Mope's
A Super Bee, a Cuda, a Challenger, etc....
I walked over to say hi....after all...I'm part of the club now right?

They're all talking and I say "hey, nice cars....got my baby here too"
One guy says.....Whatcha got?..... I proudly point to my Caravelle.
The guy huffs/snickers and turns back to talk to his other snob buddies who don't even acknowledge my car.
Being the kind of guy I am....I politely said "Well f**k you too" and walked back to my car....
Funny thing is..the entire night I had more people checking out my car than they did.....you don't see a whole lot of Caravelle's at shows and even the other brand guys were really blown away by mine.
I've made a lot of friends at shows with all walks of people.
Still don't talk to my supposed Mopar brethren though.
Go figure.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Yup, that's how my buddies are, ones die hard Ford/Lincoln, ones die hard Chevy, and my cousin I'd die hard Buick, we all get along great and help each other all the time.
I remember helping my cousin on his regal, forget what he was doing, but he was getting out running again, fired it up and it was popping out the right side exhaust, he was pissed, I stood there and listened for a minute, and it would only do it in the right side and would clear up a lil bit at higher RPMs, I told him to shut it off, I swapped a couple plug wires, fired it back up and ran perfect.
And when me n my Lincoln buddy are building something, we're always bouncing ideas of each other on how to make it look better/work better ect.

My imp

Reaction score
Yeah, anyone else notice a trend? We play well with everyone else, just not each other! We're almost circling the wagons & won't let anyone in the he-man woman haters club! lol Unfortunately we all live so far apart that a central location for us all to meet & greet is out of the question. I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting the few of you I have. We need a banner & a party spot. We need to call Dennis Gage & have him come to us. He came to my hometown for a cruise night. Could you imagine a bunch of us promoting all things F M & J on TV? We need to get out there. All I need is a garage to work in. I'll have enough parts for (3) Imp.'s! If only I could talk the olde hide into driving one as a daily driver! These things are rock solid, dependable as hell for a 30+ year old car! I'd even let her have the sunroof one. I don't know if I'd let her have the t top one though (when I finally get to it!). It makes all he sense in the world, we have parts to outlast either one of us, just need maintenance parts. She doesn't like to wash cars, but being retired, I could wash them for her. If you guys know a good argument to get her to drive an Imp as a daily driver, please pass it on. She drives 100+ miles a day round trip going to work. If I had one with an OD automatic & stock rearend, she'd be getting over 30 mpg so that'd beat the Marquis?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, anyone else notice a trend? We play well with everyone else, just not each other! We're almost circling the wagons & won't let anyone in the he-man woman haters club! lol Unfortunately we all live so far apart that a central location for us all to meet & greet is out of the question. I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting the few of you I have. We need a banner & a party spot. We need to call Dennis Gage & have him come to us. He came to my hometown for a cruise night. Could you imagine a bunch of us promoting all things F M & J on TV? We need to get out there. All I need is a garage to work in. I'll have enough parts for (3) Imp.'s! If only I could talk the olde hide into driving one as a daily driver! These things are rock solid, dependable as hell for a 30+ year old car! I'd even let her have the sunroof one. I don't know if I'd let her have the t top one though (when I finally get to it!). It makes all he sense in the world, we have parts to outlast either one of us, just need maintenance parts. She doesn't like to wash cars, but being retired, I could wash them for her. If you guys know a good argument to get her to drive an Imp as a daily driver, please pass it on. She drives 100+ miles a day round trip going to work. If I had one with an OD automatic & stock rearend, she'd be getting over 30 mpg so that'd beat the Marquis?

Only argument I can think of is
Tell her I'll send her one of these stickers for her back window if she starts using the Imp as a daily....
index-24.jpg

index-24.jpg

holmes

Reaction score
:protest:I don't understand why anyone would think one Mopar make has to be better than another either. I told a guy on another Mopar site that was asking info about buying an Aspen that I own a Duster and an Aspen and the Aspen rode, drove and handled better than the Duster and if he was ever in my area I would let him see how well it does drive. Not dogging my Duster either, just the facts, but the Duster is way faster. He had some "Mopar" guys telling him not to buy a junk f-body. If you are a Mopar guy and you don't like another body style of a Mopar car you should not dog someone who likes them nor discourage someone from buying one. Lord knows I have owned about every body style Ma Mopar has made and I loved them all! (rant over)

alfatar

Reaction score
I showed up with my freshly restored chevy. I never got to get out of the car when 4 people came running up to the car. They crawled all over it. 2 said why did he show up the other 2 said we can beat him.No one talked to me the rest of the day. Sorry it is not just mopar people. Show up with a original vega or pinto or almost any rambler that is not a amx and see what happens. Lots of people need to make themselves feel better by knocking other people. Not just in cars but Where they work, what they do for a living, they rent instead of own a house, they live in the city not the country married vs single etc and where they were born.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I showed up with my freshly restored chevy. I never got to get out of the car when 4 people came running up to the car. They crawled all over it. 2 said why did he show up the other 2 said we can beat him.No one talked to me the rest of the day. Sorry it is not just mopar people. Show up with a original vega or pinto or almost any rambler that is not a amx and see what happens. Lots of people need to make themselves feel better by knocking other people. Not just in cars but Where they work, what they do for a living, they rent instead of own a house, they live in the city not the country married vs single etc and where they were born.

In a Chevy?
I wouldn't talk to you either......

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just kidding.....

I believe they have an official term for the medical condition you're talking about
"Small Wiener Syndrome".

My imp

Reaction score
Only argument I can think of is
Tell her I'll send her one of these stickers for her back window if she starts using the Imp as a daily....View attachment 4614
That'll go over like a fart in church! lol "Next to my Imp, he loves me best!" might work? "Only the REALLY cool girls drive Imp.'s!" "More than YOU can handle!"' let the reader decide if she means her or the car! Common sense is out the window, in that we have (2) parts cars, plus BOXES of NOS that the PO gave me with the car. Parts are still plentiful & relatively inexpensive. She likes the car (passive aggressiveness has put (3) others in the junk y... Er a automotive recycling center), so it should be around for quite some time. She wants a small car. The Imp is smaller than her Merc Marquis, & better on gas I'm sure. If it isn't, with the installation of a 518, it sure will be! Mine, with a 360/904/2.24 has achieved a best of 24 mpg on the highway (no, not going downhill). When I take my trips to Va. Beach, it gets roughly 19 mpg all around city/highway. Been there (3) times, no more than 1 mpg variance. That was the time I took the wife, extra luggage, & stuff for the baby. And while the Merc rides nice, it's no Imp. Like I said before, I think, she thinks, that I'll get upset if she doesn't keep the salt off the car. A jet wash cabinet uses the same spray nozzle as vegetable sprayers. Make a 1" black pipe rectangle hooked from me pressure washer, to my hot water tank & when she pulls in the driveway, have her hit a remote to activate it! I have an empty lot next to my house for run off! Right now her system is to let God (rain) wash it!

Back