movin and shakin in the garage

9secRR

Reaction score
finally getting some days off, I decided to work on my car abit.

this is one thing I can't wait to put back on.

IMG_1177.jpg

9secRR

Reaction score
I run c12 race fuel so I don't worry about gas prices. $800 for a barrel (45 gallons) of fuel. you do the math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just working on small things. bleed the brakes, go through my fuel system (clean filters), change all fluids, and just maybe put a fuel cell in the trunk.

I didn't race last year so I want to get out next year and have some fun. wondering what I will run on spray is almost overwhelming.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ouch!! At that price I'd say long pleasure cruises are out....
Please keep us up on any work you're doing.
Any excuse to see that beast....

9secRR

Reaction score
long cruises are not what I built the engine for. lol

winter is so long up here in the great white north, I get very hyper (if I can call it that) to work on my car. I don't need to do much on the car but I want to be in the garage working on my money pit.

in the garage means spending $$$ and that gets the wife upset. '' you don't need to run any faster then what you are running now!'' and I reply, in my gentle voice, i'm only adding 150 hp of nitrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to start with hehe

greymouser7

Reaction score
I run c12 race fuel so I don't worry about gas prices. $800 for a barrel (45 gallons) of fuel. you do the math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The math??:

"C12™
The best all around racing fuel made. Recommended for CRs below 15:1, satisfying the needs of 75% of today's race engines. One of the winningest fuels in racing history, including NHRA, Modified Tour, GNN, D.I.R.T., Indy Lights, AMA as well as other local and national championships across the U.S. and around the world. Spec fuel for NMRA and NMCA.

TYPICAL VALUES
• Color: Green
• Motor Octane 108
• Specific Gravity: .717 at 60"

....."We did a comparison test of two fuels, regular gasoline (87 octane) and E85 {100 to 105 octane}"

$800 seems like an expensive way to do it. What about a blend of E85 (carb altered...) and 100 low-lead AV gas, or C14, or some sort?

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
long cruises are not what I built the engine for. lol

winter is so long up here in the great white north, I get very hyper (if I can call it that) to work on my car. I don't need to do much on the car but I want to be in the garage working on my money pit.

in the garage means spending $$$ and that gets the wife upset. '' you don't need to run any faster then what you are running now!'' and I reply, in my gentle voice, i'm only adding 150 hp of nitrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to start with hehe

My policy is....I buy her something nice.
Then I can get away with dumping money into the car for a while...
The best thing I ever did was get her the Volare...
Now "we need to buy parts" is totally acceptable. :thumbsup:

9secRR

Reaction score
been busy in the garage today. got most of my AN fittings to plum the NOS system. I actually don't mind working with braided line. when it's finished, sure looks good. only thing i'm waiting on is the nos/fuel jet holders.

new 5 point harness is installed. every 2 years gotta get a new one. I got 5 old ones on the shelf.

9secRR

Reaction score
nitrous purge kit is installed. just waiting on the jet holders for the plates to arrive. at a stand still without those parts. I wish they were here.

9secRR

Reaction score
it should run 10.60's at 3800 lbs. i'll be happy with 10.60's N/A. on spray, 9.80's for 1 pass (only legal for 10.00) then run 10.20's with smaller shot.

I might put indy 360-2 heads on next winter. if I do, 10.10-20's N/A. my goal is to be able to run 10.20's on motor (no nitrous) in a 3800 lbs street car.

my w2's are not fully ported. with fully ported 360-2's from IMM Engines, 740-750 hp. with the heads, T&D 1.65 rockers. I have 1.4 ratio now on my rockers, so my cam will jump up to 765''/743'' range with the 1.65 ratio.

that will make the 440'' a bit more happy.

Last edited:
Back