My newest M body

lowbudget

Reaction score
I went to Kansas and picked up an 84 Fifth Avenue. For $500.00 it wasn't bad, it needs paint and the headliner redone, otherwise it's in really good shape. My plan is to toss a cam, 4 bbl. on it and do some other mods. I found a 3:21 M body sure grip and all the cop stuff today. It is going to cost me a 340 I have. So I have a new toy that I figure for a total of $2000.00 I will have a little sleeper hot rod that will handle. Another low budget project.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I will get pictures next days off as I leave for the desert in the morning. I need to go earn some money for this project. I figure I'm at a grand now, 500 for the car, 200 for the dolly, 200 for fuel and 100 for motel rooms. I have a performer manifold and a thermoquad but I found a NOS BBD 2 bbl. that I have so now I am undecided. I have thoughts of just dressing it up and giving it to a hot chick......or my little sister as family comes first.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I got all my parts ordered:D double row timing chain, chain tensioner, Gates hoses, gaskets, dampner sleeve, carb, thermostat and housing and belts out the door at Rock Auto for $100.00 You have to love their close outs. Oh yeah and an intake manifold gasket set in case I want to go 4 bbl.. I was going to hold off but nearly everything I needed was discounted, all name brands also! I have already changed out the fuel pump.

Pictures to come when I get out of this hot desert.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I have the new exhaust with the Canadian Y pipe and bigger tail pipe ordered also. It's been a rough hitch and 125 degrees outside so I order parts to remind myself why I'm working here. Buying parts makes a person feel better about working in a hot desert. lol It's all the stuff I did to my 87 Fifth Avenue. I'm going to try to get a quickee paint job shot on it ot at least primed before I leave for work next hitch.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The exhaust system from muffler back rusted to dust, and fell off of my ’86 5th Ave, a while back.

I found an almost new looking exhaust system from an ’80 Aspen wagon, that I just obtained. It uses a cat free Y-pipe (which might be standard on 49 state ’80 F-bodies, I’m not sure).

Now waiting for it to get under 110’ (in the shade), to install it.

BudW

Back