my old 76

slant6billy

Reaction score
Got it from my Dad's aunt in 86. She bought it in late in 77/early 78. She laughed at the recalled fenders since it was never driven in snow or rain. Garaged with only 28K when I got it in 1986. I drove the hell out it. I punished it in an unholy way. No other car would have stood up to my abusive treatment. My dad was so pissed when I would break things on the car: like 2 slants and several rears. Normal people just drive them point A to B. I hit A with B and make a V. Wish I had more pics of my sisters 77 Aspen SE coupe with crushed blue velvet and my other departed out coupes:
flashback friday volare.jpg

My dad's 5th in front

Justwondering

Reaction score
my first car was a very used 70's buick skylark in high school that leaked so much oil, mom made me park it on the street over a mound of kitty litter. lol
i have no pictures, only memories. It was blue and rusted. But I got to and from school every day.

Darter6

Reaction score
I worked at a dealership in PA when those cars were new(I bought one) we got the fenders in by the semi-truck load. I sure liked mine.it was a '76 318 auto and no catalitic converter,just a smog pump.I don't know how Mopar got away with it.If it was a slant or a 360 they had cats.Other than the rust issues,,we sold about 100 a month .Thanks for the memory..

David Clark

Reaction score
My First Car was a 71 Dodge Dart 4 Door. Bright orange, paid 250.00 for it guy through in an old MOTOR's Repair Manual too, Oil Pump was out. That's how I learned to work on stuff myself. So many good cars over the years that I wish I had kept. UGH. (my 2nd car was a 72 AMC Javelin SST, paid 495.00 on Layaway for it LOL)

Back