New Diplomat owner

Enchalay

Reaction score
Howdy all. Just got a "new to me" 1978 Diplomat 2 door. Took awhile to find this one. The original owner (91 years old) sold the car to a collector. He kept the car in his collection for several years in a climate controlled building until he decided to thin out his collection. It's kind of a unicorn.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Very cool...bought my coupe ('80) from the original owner, who bought the car from her dad while he was a sales guy at a local Mopar dealer.

Welcome to the forum...yeah, I second 53ryder's request...give us some pics man!!! lol

Enchalay

Reaction score
Just a couple of views

Just prior to leaving.jpg

2nd view just prior to leaving.jpg

Diplomat right side undamaged.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Nice looking car? What options does it have to place it in the unicorn file? There a few like it on this site, I think most recent a really nice one in Red. A bit odd but good that most I see are really really nice examples so folks must really take good care of them.

What are your plans for the car?

SooperKoop

Reaction score
Sharp Diplomat there! You bought that from Dave, the "Old Hippie" down in Texas. He used to run a Great MoPar site called MoPar Style. I remember seeing the videos that he made of this car and him driving it... Putting a 4-barrel on it and the air conditioning was working ice cold... I'm sure it's a very nice car it looks like it was well cared for and certainly you bought it from a real decent guy. As you probably know he's got a killer collection of cars and my favorite is his full size. Black B body Dodge Magnum!

At any rate, add some cool wheels on that thing,combined with a very nice color to begin with, and you have yourself a real looker. Enjoy!

Enchalay

Reaction score
I did get it from Dave. He's "thinning the herd". Car needs a little "gathering" but should be ready by spring.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
That's a beautiful coupe! Nice colors and is looks like it is in really nice shape! Is the interior cloth or leather? What options does it have? More pictures are always appreciated. Welcome!

bruue1

Reaction score
Yeah, that's beautiful. I'm new to this forum, it is fun to see other people excited about these cars. Thanks for posting the pics

Back