New Jersey just did something cool

slant6billy

Reaction score
State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission

Any car 1995 and older got the green light to drive without hassle.

My car is due in October. One less worry. Now I can keep my "Competition tune" all the time and never have to put a "green tune" on it.

This also will allow me to put the Clutchflite transmission in the car I've been holding back on.

Looking forward, I see an opportunity to grab a bad framed FMJ car and put a modern Charger/ Challey drive chassis under it. Again avoiding the inspection hassle.

We still can't even have a bb gun or any firearm for protection, but I rather throw money at more old cars anyway

WOO HOO

Aspen500

Reaction score
Of all places for that to happen. No offense but,,,,,,,,,New Jersey is the butt of many jokes here, and Wisconsin probably is where your at. Maybe your state government is trying to redeem itself!
I think they're following Wisconsin for the 20 years and older being exempt. Maybe, just maybe the next step is to not have I/M testing state wide and only have it in the major metropolitan regions (we only have testing in the southeast counties like Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha).
Next step is get the right president who will reign in the out of control EPA and we'll be on the right track.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Of all places for that to happen. No offense but,,,,,,,,,New Jersey is the butt of many jokes here, and Wisconsin probably is where your at. Maybe your state government is trying to redeem itself!
I think they're following Wisconsin for the 20 years and older being exempt. Maybe, just maybe the next step is to not have I/M testing state wide and only have it in the major metropolitan regions (we only have testing in the southeast counties like Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha).
Next step is get the right president who will reign in the out of control EPA and we'll be on the right track.
Yep I agree! We pay way too much in property taxes. I'm at 8500 a year. No death penalty, so we pay for killers to get cable TV, GYM, healthcare, college degrees, .... etc and speaking of college, we pay our state college coaches in the realm of 600 K. The state sucks ass, but someone has to live here.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Hey, our libtards want to start a 'guaranteed income', because getting up and going to work is too old school and lame.
Last yr my property taxes went up $100 a month, because someone said there's $100 a month you don't need anymore.
Last pay raise was 2004, but a $5 buck hr pay cut since 2006.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Holy crap, and we sometimes complain about our property taxes in WI! Guess we've nothing to complain about after all. Last year mine were $1,550. Then again property prices here are a whole lot less than other states. Example: About 2 blocks down at the end of my street is Lakeshore Drive where the houses are MUCH bigger and MUCH nicer than my street. There's one for sale right now, fairly new 4,500 sq ft with a 1 acre lot, 6 car garage(!) and 180 feet of lake frontage with all the amenities. Asking price? $450,900
In some places that would barely buy you a 900 sq ft fixer upper on a postage stamp sized lot in a not so good neighborhood.

Back