New Super Coupe owner in Minnesota/Wisconsin

Brodizzle83

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Brodie and I just bought a heap of a Super Coupe last Wednesday. I need to get it in the air to see just how bad it is, but for $1300 I don't think I did too bad.

20211027_165403.jpg

20211027_165352.jpg

20211029_175615.jpg

20211029_175752.jpg

SooperKoop

Reaction score
As a Former Aspen SuperCoupe Owner (and do I miss it dearly), Congratulations on the acquisition. Glad to see you have the vision to embark on the journey. Get some wheels and tires to put it level, power wash, vacuum and clean the heck out of it and then assess and make a plan. That is a good start I think. For $1,300 bucks, you have easily that much in good parts throughout the car I bet to get back your investment should things be too far gone underneath. I'm sure all the suspect areas need to be examined.I will Hope salvage is possible for you! Hey, at the very least, you can now say you own a SuperCoupe! Cool! Keep us posted with pictures!

Btw, if anyone has seen or knows about an Aspen SuperCoupe in the Trego, Wisconsin area, PLEASE lmk...mine ended up with a very nice guy up there in 2007, who owns lots o' MoPars. Thanks!

Congrats again Brodizzle83!

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Congrats on your find! Not a lot of the SC's around anymore, and it's a shame that someone let this one go for so long. Amazing that anyone could let it sit for so long. I hope it's salvageable, but then I suppose anything is if you really want it to be. Welcome!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Have you gotten a chance to look at the underside yet? I know all too well what sitting on dirt (especially outdoors) for years can do in this state. I've seen all too many cars that basically turned to dust underneath, and that includes suspension and drivetrain pieces, as well as floors and subframe rails.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
As a Former Aspen SuperCoupe Owner (and do I miss it dearly), Congratulations on the acquisition. Glad to see you have the vision to embark on the journey. Get some wheels and tires to put it level, power wash, vacuum and clean the heck out of it and then assess and make a plan. That is a good start I think. For $1,300 bucks, you have easily that much in good parts throughout the car I bet to get back your investment should things be too far gone underneath. I'm sure all the suspect areas need to be examined.I will Hope salvage is possible for you! Hey, at the very least, you can now say you own a SuperCoupe! Cool! Keep us posted with pictures!

Btw, if anyone has seen or knows about an Aspen SuperCoupe in the Trego, Wisconsin area, PLEASE lmk...mine ended up with a very nice guy up there in 2007, who owns lots o' MoPars. Thanks!

Congrats again Brodizzle83!
Do you know what month you sold it in 07.

For the op, sorry not to be as optimistic as others but I also seen the PB pics of this car.... id save the parts you can and find a good body and clone it or just save 12-15k and buy one you can drive and you will be far far ahead money wise.

Last edited:

SooperKoop

Reaction score
Replying to XfbodyX:

Here is the information that I can offer and if someone is able to locate this Aspen SuperCoupe or the person who currently owns it, I will not only be grateful to that individual, but I will also offer a kind gesture of gratitude in return. This particular car has a great deal of personal meaning for me.

Sold to a Mopar collector by the name of Robert Voight in Trego, Wisconsin. Mr. Voigt used to have a hobby business called "rapomstrap.com". That is "Mopar Parts" spelled backwards...pretty trick actually! Mr. Voight also had a very large collection of Mopars, and was an extremely nice man to deal with. I did locate a business that he used to run that was his regular job and actually spoke to his secretary not too many years ago but all she could tell me was he was retired and that she would forward the message to him. I've never heard from him. I can respect that some people want the Privacy for sure.

The sale of my Aspen SuperCoupe happened somewhere between Post-Christmas 2006 and January 11th , 2007. At the time, I was living in Connecticut and I believe I sold it on eBaymotors. It was originally a California car that I brought back to life and one of its signature visual details is unique turn down dual exhaust tips at the bumper to mimic what an earlier Mopar would have looked like had it been sold in California... remember California cars never had exhaust tips and they were always turndowns. In order to make that dual exhaust out the back happen, I moved the tank over one strap and extended the fill pipe with some fuel resistant hose. It had a very clean look! It also had the tan interior with a console and was a factory air conditioned Aspen Supercoupe. Also had a chrome MP 340 style unsilenced air cleaner that I had put on. Mr. Voight was quite Happy with the car and he had written me soon after I sold it to him Thanking me for the great work I did on it. I now live in the midwest here in Illinois, closer to where I last knew it was, so to reconnect with it in some form or another would be great. To that end, if anyone who's reading this knows anything about where this particular Aspen SC maybe or how to find out where it may be or if there's a registry out there for ALL SuperCoupes that I'm unaware of, please let me know.

Here is the VIN #: NL29LB2603088

Sorry to hijack this thread a little bit but I appreciate the community here and am very supportive of those who want to try to save these cars or for that matter any FJM! Cheers! - SooperKoop

Last edited:

Duke5A

Reaction score
You need to signup on Moparts.org and post this in the general forum. There is a big user base there and someone there might be able to help. Good luck.

LSM360

Reaction score
Congrats. I'm a lover of Super Coupes too and although never owned one I did own an A38 Aspen with the E58 and I'm a lover of the E58! What a great engine for an era of sad performance! Very good acceleration in a sad era and built to the hilt.

Brodizzle83

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement all! I do plan on getting the car road-worthy and just drive it "Joe Dirt" style until I can come across a clean car to make a clone out of with the parts from this car.
I probably shouldn't spend any money or time on this car until I've got my '77 Dodge D100 back on the road, but I wanted to get a head start on gathering parts to delete the lean burn garbage for when I'm ready to try and get the engine to run. Bought an Edelbrock 1406 carb and I'm in talks with a guy about picking up an Edelbrock Performer intake for $120 + shipping.
Screenshot_20211113-141936_eBay.jpg

00K0K_j2y0y3NYP89z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

I want to make a build thread for it, but it's not allowing me to click on the "post thread" button.

SooperKoop

Reaction score
Brodizzle83: Glad to see the parts amassment has begun! I guess it's a good idea to see if Your SC will run. Just take the deliberate steps one at a time to prepare it for a restart, (ie: marvel mystery oil down each cylinder through each spark plug hole gently turning it if it does, getting a fresh battery that is strong, disconnecting the fuel line from the carb and feeding it from a bottle with a hose into the carburetor etc etc.) Any word on how it looks underneath? (By the unibody frame rails near the cowl & the cowl itself?) I'd inspect that area carefully before you move it anywhere under its own power. You certainly wouldn't want it to collapse on you or deteriorate any further because that could compromise any further future repairs. It is so cool resurrecting something back to life but like an elderly person great care must be taken and I'm sure the results will be good.

XfbodyX: that was a good catch I actually did omit a digit in the VIN...."senior" moment...lol...here it is again:

NL29L8B2603088. I actually have the original registration cancellation paperwork from the state of Connecticut for the plates that I turned in for that car, so I know the VIN is good because I just double verified this by looking at it. There's something to be said about keeping all your paperwork on cars you once owned!!!

If I read that correctly are you saying you actually have my old SC?! If That's the case I'd be totally Stoked and Excited!!! In which case, I would encourage you to Please send me a private message and either hook me up with an email address of yours or a phone number. I could also provide you with an email address in the private message as well... Any pictures to help confirm this possibility would be totally Amazing and Awesome!!! I'm actually nervously smiling right now, Fingers Crossed, Prayers Made. I know that might sound silly and goofy to some, but as I mentioned before, My ole Aspen SC is deeply personal. Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me locate an old friend. Cheers, SooperKoop

Last edited:

Brodizzle83

Reaction score
Brodizzle83: Glad to see the parts amassment has begun! I guess it's a good idea to see if Your SC will run. Just take the deliberate steps one at a time to prepare it for a restart, (ie: marvel mystery oil down each cylinder through each spark plug hole gently turning it if it does, getting a fresh battery that is strong, disconnecting the fuel line from the carb and feeding it from a bottle with a hose into the carburetor etc etc.) Any word on how it looks underneath oh, by the unibody frame rails near the cowl & the cowl itself? I inspect that area carefully before you move it anywhere under its own power. You certainly wouldn't want it to collapse on you or deteriorate any further because that could compromise any further future repairs.

XfbodyX: that was a good catch I actually did omit a digit in the VIN...."senior" moment...lol...here it is again:

NL29L8B2603088

If I read that correctly are you saying you actually have my old car?! If That's the case I'd be totally Stoked and Excited!!! In which case oh, I would encourage you to send me a private message and either hook me up with an email address of yours or a phone number. I could also provide you with an email address in the private message as well... Any pictures to help confirm this possibility it would be totally amazing would be Awesome!!! I'm actually nervously smiling right now Fingers Crossed, Prayers made. I know that might sound silly and off to some but as I mentioned before My ole Aspen SC is deeply personal. Thank you for taking the time to reply help me locate an old friend. Cheers, Sooper Coupe.
Ya know, I'm only a tad bit more than an hour away from Trego...if that guy does have it, I'd love to go see it sometime!

SooperKoop

Reaction score
I'm following This Thread as you reply Brodizzle83 in real time. I'm not quite sure if the owner would be receptive to it or whether he's still around or he's not well or he's liquidated his collection... There's a lot of unknowns. All I can tell you is he was a very nice gentleman when I sold it to him. Hindsight is twenty-twenty, but I always regretted not asking him to offer me first refusal on it if he ever decided to sell it or liquidate his collection. As I've gotten older (51 yrs young!), you become wiser when you run into cars that are something special to you and you remembered to ask the next caretaker to remember you in the event things change. XfbodyX may possibly have a lead, so we will just have to wait and see what comes of it. Perhaps we can piece the story together a little bit and maybe find out some good news here. Yes, cars may be made of metal and yes some may need to be restored or have been restored, but they all have stories to tell! Just the possibility that it might be found soon and that alone, has made my Saturday night! -SooperKoop

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Nice parts, it might run well, hope so.

SK...No, I was meaning lists, records. The vin is wrong your paperwork has an error. Vins only 13 characters and the last six are numbers, you have an extra number in the mix.

SooperKoop

Reaction score
XfX: I should have known better that all Mopars of that era are 13 digits are not 14 but I did triple quadruple check the CT Department of Motor Vehicles plate cancellation paperwork and it doesn't fact have 14 characters...hmmm.. I am wondering where in the lineup of characters I have an error and what is your list of numbers based on just SuperCoupe VINs that you have been able to amass or do you have a registry or are you meeting people along the way? I could add more detail about my car but I'm not sure if that would help... I did provide the name of the person of the I sold it to and some telltale signs identifying it as THE Aspen SuperCoupe that I had... I had a few additional distinguishing characteristics that would maybe jog somebody's memory if they have seen it... the window louvers and rear spoiler were painted by Me a satin black, Not body Sunrise Metallic (brown)Color and the front chin spoiler has a small area that was patched by me before I got really good at repairing things like that! LOL! I think I need to start a thread that deals with this exclusively, so my apologies again to Brodie for hijacking the thread a bit here but talking about your car Brodie has stirred up a whole bunch of emotions and gotten me thinking to want to find THE Aspen SuperCoupe I had... any and all help will be greatly appreciated and I will try to start a thread dedicated to this soon! Cheers!

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Just pm me about it if you want I dont post much in public view on peoples cars and vins.

LSM360

Reaction score
That's a good intake and carb but you might find down the road you want the Thermoquad back on there. It's a great street/performance carb. I'm learning so much about the TQ in the last month and realizing what a great carb Ma Mopar used back in the day. And the wonderful sound that comes out of the TQ cannot be matched. That eddy you bought is certainly easier to tune and get parts for but will come nowhere near matching the TQ for sound and even performance. I have a '79 Power Wagon with a factory 360-4 with stock intake and a 1406. The 1406 does well on there, but boring....I just bought a TQ with a part number pre-emissions and I'm going to be slapping it on there soon.

Back