New Wheels

got job

Reaction score
Put my 10 spokes on today.

IMG_1779.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Now that looks really good! The wheels are very important on the F's, M's, and J's due to the full wheel openings. Those set off your wagon very nicely. It's interesting how much the wheels can change the appearance of the car.

got job

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive replies. Wheels do change everything about the look of a car. These cleaned up rather well, still some more polishing to do.

got job

Reaction score
A close up of my wheel and center cap. My domes did not look as nice as I thought they would after the one I bought from 65 Dartman arrived. So I bought 3 new domes from Vintage Parts ( pricey ) but no center caps anywhere. I found some hubcaps in the salvage yard for 68-69 Charger 14" wheel and removed the medallion then figured a way to attach to the dome. Here is a picture. I had to put 3 small notches with a round file in the dome so the post on the medallion would fit, then a 3/8 nut on the post, flat washer and screw. The front was this way because of the grease cap fit. On the rear I cut a disc from sheet metal that fits inside the dome that the medallion attaches to.

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I like that black wall tire and the black wheel paint background combo.

Looks nice!
BudW

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
Looks great!

I'd love to find a set of wheels for my Doba.. or a set of those "turbine" style hub caps.

Back