No power at Dome Light

SharkHead

Reaction score
'89 Fifth Ave. all the door courtesy lights work fine-Dome Light does not work-registers no power - took it down from the roof and saw that there is a loose wire(?) Looks like it should have a male plugin
dome light.jpg
to it - what am i missing here?

Mr C

Reaction score
Yes, feel around the hole in the headliner gingerly for the lead. Plug it back in and you should be good to go.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I only have a '79 manual but, there's a splice where the pink wires branch off to the courtesy lights and dome light. I THINK the extra pink wire at the dome light is for the cargo light on wagon's which explains the heat shrink insulator on the terminal. It' splice M2-5 (pink wire to the dome lamp) and close as I can see, it's near the left c-pillar/wheel well area. Might be accessible from the trunk near the where the trunk light wire plugs in.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It's probably for the dome light with map light or the overhead console or something else that your car doesn't have.
The dome light wires go down the c pillar you can see them from inside the trunk. May be its disconnected there.

SharkHead

Reaction score
Pictured is the plug lead for the dome light in the trunk, there is no power on either side when there should be, when the door is open all other courtesy lights are working, (trunk light works also) where does the power side of this come from? Also please identify what looks like the fuse holder next to it, which currently does not have a fuse in it, could this have something to do with no power on this plug?

20210210_173328_HDR.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
The pink and yellow wires go directly back to a plug near the parking brake pedal. That other plug could be trunk lamp or release if its factory. But there shouldn't be any type of fuse holder back there.

Back