not a j body...but

360 mafia

Reaction score
20160515_154923.jpg
I know this is not a boat forum,but bare with me

360 mafia

Reaction score
20160515_155222.jpg
Remember chrysler provided power fo most every boat,r.v, and gas powered 2 ton truck.Theze are twin 360 engines with 650 c.f.m holly carbs.Other performance stuff is in the engine,but not telling.hope to post a video by memorial day of both engines screaming.

360 mafia

Reaction score
Post pics of my dodge mirada soon.Although she's in pieces.Had to stop work on mirada to get boat running again.My sidekick gave me to sept.to get boat running or he would have it removed.

Justwondering

Reaction score
double the fun...
Nice pics. Get the boat running, needs to be in the water, wind in your hair, water in your beard, foam on the beer, reading the mirada service manual!

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Is it true that the boat motors actually rotate backwards from their automotive motor counter-parts?

Justwondering

Reaction score
Yes - they rotate backwards ... its so they can counteract the direction of the water if they get caught in a whirlpool.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Most dual engine boats using mopar engines, one engine ran clockwise and other ran counterclockwise - even if engines drove hydraulic pumps (in which hydraulic motors ran the props) instead of direct drive. I can see direct drive making a difference, but hydraulics don’t care which direction engine is rotating (I would think, anyway).

I know of a lot of boat engines been installed/replaced with regular rotating engines from counter-clockwise engines, on pump driven boats without problems.

Not easy finding parts on reverse rotation engines.

BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
I know squat about dual engine boats.
I know much about standing on the bank fishing. ;)
I know how to run a trotline from a bass boat...
I know how to dig worms.
But not so much on the big boats.

360 mafia

Reaction score
If the weather holds out here in eastern Virginia,the last motor will be running on the boat.A 360 engine not running is an ugly thing.My mirada will be next project.Bad weather or not

Back