drpreposterous

Reaction score
10 minutes of perusing Los Angeles and Las Vegas Craigslist and I found:

1. A '52 De Soto called a '49.
2. A '56 De Soto called a '54
3. A '59 De Soto identified as a '57
4. A '52 Plymouth called a '54.
5. A '66 Newport called an Imperial
6. And, my fave, an '85 Chebby Caprice called an '85 Chrysler Caprice.
Wow! California car culture might not be what it usta.

Of course, none of those top my all time fave, courtesy of a dealer: an advertised '57 Studebaker Hawk that was in reality a much more modest '59 Lark. If you're going to call yourself a classic car dealer, wouldn't it behoove you to do a little research?

slant6billy

Reaction score
Most car dealers focus is the strategy of the dollar and not knowledge of the product. Ask questions that are way crazy. See what answers you get. And just nod up and down and say "ok" ....... "Is that low VOC vynil? See them scramble.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Kinda like the old guy selling the black 78 Roadrunner at Carlisle last year,He didn't know a single thing about that car

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
As a Lebaron man. I'll find stuff under Labaron or Lebron.
Also I've seen 80/81 Lebarons with wrong yrs like 85, which is whole different car if it was 85.
Different ways for M's-Fifth Ave/Avenue and 5th Fifth Ave/Avenue
Of course-Grand Fury.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Saw a 73 Corona for sale in San Antonio.
Of course I clicked on it to see why a 45 year old beer would cost so much.

It was a 73 Toyota Corolla ... with obligatory mexican serapes on the front seats so you couldn't see how trashed out the seats were. No title... bill of sale only.

I'm still chuckling over that one.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I see that all the time. A Plymouth Volere or Veleri, Camero, etc. Then the description with an Idilbreck manefult, and Holly carbirater with chrome valley covers along with Cragger wheels. It's like, really people????? Let's not forget the famous Chrysler Cordova you see all the time. My favorite is the "rare collectors item" and it's an '89 Sunbird or something.

Aspen500

Reaction score
What about "completely restored" and the underside looks like it has never been touched or it has aluminum heads, aftermarket wheels, headers, disc brake conversion, non stock trans and rear axle.................That is not restored, no matter how nice the car may be. That's why I say my car is a restomodificustom. Part restoration, part modification and part customization.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Don't forget the classic "easy restoration". There is no such thing. I love when you see for example "2018 Chevrolet Whatever, 3,200 miles, ONE OWNER' Really? Only one owner? :eek:

dytch2220

Reaction score
As a Lebaron man. I'll find stuff under Labaron or Lebron.
Also I've seen 80/81 Lebarons with wrong yrs like 85, which is whole different car if it was 85.
Different ways for M's-Fifth Ave/Avenue and 5th Fifth Ave/Avenue
Of course-Grand Fury.

Interestingly, my insurance company has "Grand Fury" on my ID cards. Needless to say, I called them to see about getting it fixed. Not holding my breath...

DCAspen

Reaction score
The classic frame off resto,on a Mopar,I don't think so.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
When I was perusing Craigslist this morning I found an ad touting "LAST OF THE MUSCLECARS!"... it was for a '76 Chevy Monza... cute car, but a 3.9l V6 Monza ain't exactly muscle car territory. It's just old.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Not a huge deal to get a small block into it; the Monza Spyders came with a 262 cid V8, exterior dimensions are exactly the same as all other billion or so small block Chevvies, from 265 to 400 cid. Body, if it isn't a pile of rust held together by paint, is reasonably light. May not be a muscle car, but can be modified to make a pretty quick street car.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
FBI is looking for this Dork.
ldork-0323_1523189192.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
He is the reason why craigslist doesn't have personals anymore!

Back