Not my Chrysler Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Contact seller
OK, so the guy that had my Imperial for a couple of years is now selling his. I haven't seen it in a while, but it's 100% stone stock and original. It's in gorgeous condition; damned-near showroom in fact. It is still EFI and it's daily drivable, but if memory serves it's very low mileage on the odometer. I'm not sure what year it is, to be honest, but I'm hoping to get out there Sunday to look at it. This guy and his partner do extremely good-quality work so this car is at or near show-quality standards for being 100% original. The car is light metallic green with the matching leather interior, unsure of option mix (I know it's not a 4-speed :icon_biggrin: ).

I'm hoping to get another look at it Sunday if not sooner, and I will bring my camera along. I'd probably buy it myself but I'm just plain out of room. I'm pretty certain it comes with some extra EFI parts, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm told the asking on it is $4,000, which would be a steal on it.

I'll post more information when I have it.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Gonna have to second that on the pics. I don't really have a spare $4k lying around, but I may have to very seriously consider finding a way of coming up with it if true. Either way, someone's gonna get a steal, and we need many pics!

NoCar340

Reaction score
Yes, it's a J-body Imperial but I'm not sure of the year. He's brought it by my place of employment a couple of times and I've always marveled at how nice it is. The problem I have is that I wouldn't be able to leave it alone... damned thing would have a W2 stroker engine and a stick in it before too long. :eusa_doh:

I will get pics as soon as I can, I promise.

NoCar340

Reaction score
The car is an '81, and the friend I went to look at it with said he thought it was a carb conversion with everything working correctly--dash, etc. The doors were locked so I was not able to verify that. However, I had the camera, so I got a few pictures including the phone number and the price ($4,500 obo). Car shows 107,218 miles and I did not see an asterisk in the cluster.

The color-keyed wheels are a nice touch. I hadn't seen these centers previously. I believe they may be from a LeBaron alloy wheel application but I don't know.

P7120298.jpg

P7120299.jpg

P7120300.jpg

P7120301.jpg

P7120305.jpg

P7120306.jpg

P7120308.jpg

P7120309.jpg

P7120304.jpg

P7120298.jpg

P7120299.jpg

P7120300.jpg

P7120301.jpg

P7120305.jpg

P7120306.jpg

P7120308.jpg

P7120309.jpg

P7120304.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
The interior is all matching green, for the record. Color justification with a flash through a closed window on a partly-cloudy day leaves a little to be desired, but I assure you it's gorgeous.

I gotta be honest, I want it. I just can't justify it to myself right now.

kmccabe56

Reaction score
The car is an '81, and the friend I went to look at it with said he thought it was a carb conversion with everything working correctly--dash, etc. The doors were locked so I was not able to verify that. However, I had the camera, so I got a few pictures including the phone number and the price ($4,500 obo). Car shows 107,218 miles and I did not see an asterisk in the cluster.

The color-keyed wheels are a nice touch. I hadn't seen these centers previously. I believe they may be from a LeBaron alloy wheel application but I don't know.

View attachment 6211
View attachment 6212
View attachment 6213
View attachment 6214
View attachment 6215
View attachment 6216
View attachment 6217
View attachment 6218
View attachment 6219

Gorgeous car. The colour keyed snowflakes are a nice touch. The "W.P. Chrysler Signature Series" badge however is from a minivan.......

NoCar340

Reaction score
I was almost positive that wasn't stock, and even commented as such to my friend while we were looking at it. :icon_biggrin:

WildCat

Reaction score
Don't believe the wheels are factory painted that color and the center almost looks like firebird

The 81-82 snowflakes had red center caps with imperial in block letters 83 had a gold or tan center cap

Wheel should be a gray where that is painted green

Emblem, not correct

If it is a conversion, then on the passenger inner fender will be some red plugs and on the firewall above the right head

Mileage would have been zero after conversion since they couldn't flash the computer to put the miles back in and they put a paper tag on the drivers door with miles and date it was modified.

Mine had 9,826 on March 1988 when it was changed and now has 5,400 miles since then

NoCar340

Reaction score
The wheel emblems are definitely Imperial emblems, but I don't know what the original application was. I have seen clear crystal centers the same shape as the red ones, with the Imperial lettering. I don't know the application on those, either.

I couldn't look under the hood since the doors were locked, but mine is a conversion using 360 parts (carb, intake, and distributor) and there are no red plugs under the hood. The mileage is also the full mileage since new, with no decal in the door. It's not a dealer/factory conversion, but it is a conversion. :icon_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back