WANTED On the hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonracer

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm on a mission for a good friend, he is in the market for a front windshield, back glass & quarter windows for his 79 Volare/Roadrunner. The closer to Texas these pieces are, the better probability we can pick them up to save the heartache of trying to ship glass. OKAY, FM & J members, step up & let's see what you have.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sorry, I've got nothing other than a pair of not so good clear 1/4 glass (large window) from my car that I saved, for some reason.
Have you tried checking with Safelite or equivelant? They didn't have any for a long time but I heard they MIGHT have windshields and back glass again.

Shipping glass is the big problem. Tempered isn't so bad but laminated can be sketchy, as far as damage risk.

BTW, is he looking for clear or tinted or either way and, large or small 1/4 windows?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Windshields are usually pretty readily available. The last one I had installed was a heco en mexico one. It has a nice wide blue strip across the top that was much better then the original ones. Too bad cars don't have that anymore.

Demonracer

Reaction score
Big 1/4 windows, the louvers scratched up the originals. He'll pretty much take what we can find, I've talked to some local glass companies to no avail so far. Two of them I talked to said they would chase it a little further since I send them a lot of business. SafeLite in Texas is joke, I've been into 3 within 50 miles of me & there are nothing but a bunch of young kids that don't want to take the time to dig a little further.

LSM360

Reaction score
I bet safelite has the windshield. You'll probably find some or all the other glass used, on Ebay, but won't like the prices.

Mr C

Reaction score
Any windshield from an F or M body will fit. I recently put an Aspen/Volare Windshield in my Diplomat...perfect fit.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Any windshield from an F or M body will fit. I recently put an Aspen/Volare Windshield in my Diplomat...perfect fit.
As long as it's from the same body style, the 2 door windshield is different than 4 door or wagon.

Demonracer

Reaction score
We are working on a 2 door, as far as I can tell, none of the 4 door glass will interchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back