Parking brake strut spring

Deano

Reaction score
I've been looking for a set of these things for a week now and I can't find any. Is there any that are compatible with my LeBaron's 10" drums?

The picture isn't of the exact part, just for comparison.

22543.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
You can get replacements but none seem to list compatibility so I don't know if they're that universal or there are multiple sizes of them?

Deano

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea. Not sure if I'd ever need them seeing that I hardly ever use the e-brake, but not sure how they'd operate without them.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Just the spring, not the strut itself, correct?

The springs used to come in a hardware kit, along with all the other springs. I see they don't anymore for some reason. You can get them individually though from Napa, Carquest, etc..........
Those springs are semi-universal and fit many vehicles and many years, not only Mopars so they aren't really listed by make and model.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/UBP...pring&keywordInput=parking+brake+strut+spring

upload_2020-8-13_20-41-7.png

Deano

Reaction score
I have everything but the springs. No-go on the Napa site. I haven't really see any difference in them, but you never know. So, you think several are universal?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I found a raybestos part number for them on google. They're like a $6 part so it might be worthwhile getting a part store to order them in and see what they're like.

Deano

Reaction score
You have that part number handy? I've searched what seems like the entire internet and all I'm getting is "This part does not fit your '78 LeBaron." Then show me what does!!

Deano

Reaction score
I had actually forgotten that there's a Napa close to where I live. I called them up and told them "it doesn't have to be for my car, just a universal part that'll work." Okay. What year did you say it was? I told him. We have two in stock. Universal? No, sir. They're for your car specifically. What time do you close? Five minutes ago. What time do you open? 7:00 am. Put it under the counter for me! I'll see you in the morning!

Thanks to both of you for your help. Highly appreciated!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Good deal! Give the guy, or girl, props for answering the phone after closing AND knowing what and how to look it up! Odd they close so early though, especially on a Friday.................Most parts store around here are open until at least 8pm, some 11pm or midnight. Always nice for that late night, "son of a.........THAT's what I forgot to get." :D

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I can't find the number for the one I saw before at the moment (easier to search for stuff on a real computer) but when I searched for mopar parking brake strut spring a bunch of different ones came up.
Hopefully the parts store works out.

78VOLAREWAG

Reaction score
Google Dorman parts. Search their site. Any Ford or Mopar with the same diameter brakes should work. Try a Dakota or ranger.

Deano

Reaction score
False alarm on the Napa spring. What I'm going to have to do is take a die grinder to the strut. Take enough off for the spring to go on and not be bound up so much it won't "spring". Oh well. Do what I have to do.

Back