Parts Data Book

LyonAdmiral

Reaction score
When I three years ago bought that beautiful 85' Fifth Avenue, the second purchase I made was the Service Manual. The one thing I can't find is the parts (and/or the interchange) data book. Does anyone have one or an idea of where I can snag one?

Thanks,
D

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I've found most of mine on eBay. Every once in a while I can find 'em cheap.

I've also found a lot of the newer vehicles online (ie: free), but not so much the older ones that we have.

I'm still looking for '80 and '81 car PDF's - so I can have a complete set from '59 to '08, excluding a few missing pickup editions.

My ‘85 Chrysler car parts manual PDF is 35 MB - so too big to send via Email. Justwondering asked about an ‘87 Chrysler car parts manual PDF and it is 37 MB.

BudW

LyonAdmiral

Reaction score
My ‘85 Chrysler car parts manual PDF is 35 MB - so too big to send via Email. Justwondering asked about an ‘87 Chrysler car parts manual PDF and it is 37 MB.

BudW

If you wanted to upload it, and I would be grateful, you could upload it here:

Chrysler

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Yes there has to be a nice on line file sharing site you could put these gems on by request. Drop Box?

LyonAdmiral

Reaction score
Yes there has to be a nice on line file sharing site you could put these gems on by request. Drop Box?

I could host them on the link I just answered to BudW, I have a terabyte of cloud storage available...

Darth-Car

Reaction score
OOOHHHHH 1TB of Cloud, there is an 82 M Body parts book, and service manual PDF set on my wish list, if you have the power to make such things happen? -Please:)

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any objection to it - other than it will tie up my internet service for a week (or so).

256 files, for 6,155,662,563 bytes

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I don't think it applies any more, as I'm pretty sure copyright has expired, but you may want to verify that it is legal to do so, or get permission from FCA.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Many of then I downloaded from a Chrysler dealership's website (the newer ones).

I paid for many of mine (not necessarily an issue for me) and a few of them has a persons name on them (see pictures).
66 Mopar parts book.JPG
67 Mopar parts book.JPG
76 Mopar parts book.JPG

Darth-Car

Reaction score
The ball is in your court. You proceed with the project as you see fit. Thanks for considering us.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
I don't have any objection to it - other than it will tie up my internet service for a week (or so).

256 files, for 6,155,662,563 bytes
BudW: I'll mail you a hard drive, you can copy whatever Chrysler stuff you want onto it, and I'll upload it for the good of the group.

If anybody wants to chip in a few bucks for shipping or send a few bucks to BudW to cover his troubles then I'm sure there will be a few volunteers.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
It would probably be better to ship over a big USB stick (64 GB or higher capacity). They are more rugged, so less chance of damage, and much smaller, so that shipping will cost a lot less. I would not be real comfortable with letting any post office handle a hard drive.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I only have a few PDF FSM’s (factory service manual), and only one which is FMJ related (’77 BCFM bodes).
For service manuals, I’ve always preferred paper books - but have found the digital versions to be handier for forum usage. Also, I have purchased and kept a FSM for every vehicle I’ve owned – and have quite the bookshelf full of FSM’s and other data.

Wife calls me a hoarder – which I might be, but when I need data, I generally need it now.
I’ve also try to pass the information I do have onto others who also needs the data (when applicable, or if someone else doesn’t jump on it first).
It might have something to do with being a current ASE certified Master Technician, a Master HD Truck Technician and a Master Machinist, possibly. I’ve been wrenching on Mopar’s sense the mid ‘70’s

One thing I love about another forum site, Dodge Diplomat Upgrades and repairs - a comprehensive guide at dippy.org is this site/page it has a ton of relevant and useful data.
The problem is the site is out of date (broken or invalid links and missing pictures). The data is spot on, but without pictures or valid links, it doesn’t do much good (is like having a $10,000 camera, but lens has mud caked on it).

I don’t think this forum can support a page like that – but I think some of our sections could use more sticky pages, maybe (this needs to be a discussion for another day).

I will go get a cheap thumb drive (no donations needed) and transfer existing data onto it. The next question is where to send it to? (1)

I do not mind the data to be placed online for anyone to use, but I do have a couple of requests (if allowable).
I would like it to be available to anyone – but not necessarily have the data standing out in the open (does this make any sense?). If we have visitors come by, we want them to stick around a while (2).

I’d like the forum masters (correct term?) have some rights to data. Not that I don’t trust any one person, per se, but things do happen to people, and I’d hate to see access vanish due to someone passing away, etc. (things happen)(3).

I would like to have some access to the files. My library is always growing and I have found several typos, mistakes, omitted data, etc., that I’ve corrected on existing files over the years. I will not ever delete anything, only to fix errors and/or add to the database (4).

FSM’s are great, but sometimes they are lacking in areas. I have seen one year FSM list fastener torque specs, and the next year FSM does not list them (and other details of this kind).

BudW

Back