pillar gauges

77rod

Reaction score
hi all,

I am about to began swapping a 383 bigblock in my 77 special edition/t top dodge aspen!
i would really like to put pillar gauges in it, as i like the look of them and would like to avoid
drilling holes in my dash since its in very nice condition! however, i am having issues finding
a pillar pod that will work well, the universal one on glowshift looks to be too wide!
has anyone done pillar gauges and went with one from a specific vehicle or know where i can
look one up by dimensions????????

any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

Aspen500

Reaction score
I had thought about doing that but ran into the same thing you have. Problem is, I think, the "universal" pillar pods are made for newer vehicles and they all have wider a-pillars which means wider a-pillar trim panels. I know that doesn't help you, just my 2 cents. Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,inflation. That's my 3 cents.

77rod

Reaction score
hahah thanks anyways lol, even if i have to modify it with a dremel tool.........i just want something thats close haha

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's my theory and I'm sticking too it! lol

I'll bet you could take a universal pod and cut it down, use some plastic stock, glue (and/or hot air weld), a heat gun to form and reshape, sand, prime, paint, etc.. It could be done.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
i cant even comment my canadian 2 cents aint worth nothing now as we only have nickles now

77rod

Reaction score
hahhahah i hear ya! lol yeah i'm just gonna do that lol cause im not getting much feedback anywhere else haha

Aspen500

Reaction score
They could do away with pennies here as well..........total waste of copper.

Do it 77! If possible keep a photo library and let us see how you did it. Car guys love pictures, lol!

CM360

Reaction score
There are more options with older trucks. Pillar pods are available for trucks that I am aware starting with 1985. Just measure and choose.

Back