Pole Position

efriedrich

Reaction score
Is this the pole position

danica.jpg

Bryan M.

Reaction score
I don't know about y'all....but I wouldn't hit it for the practice. Not that she's not pretty (not bad) but she's irritating to the nth power.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
danica-down-1.jpg
I don't know about y'all....but I wouldn't hit it for the practice. Not that she's not pretty (not bad) but she's irritating to the nth power.

Intellectual conversation isn't exactly what I had in mind. :toothy9:

danica-down-1.jpg

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Ok, I got throw flag on the play here. Not for foul comments, but context. Remember she was replaced by Courtney Hansen on powerblock. Danica Patrick replaced entertainer/model Michelle Spaziano. I always though Michelle had her beat and to this day figure they needed to put Danica on to promote here career. She had a piss poor on camera personality. Very corpse like. Michelle was the tough one to keep from causing hand cramps when she came on tv. However, now is Courtney Hansen on powerblack. As my wife states, " How do guys watch that chick with long legs in leather pants with boots talk about fast cars?" My answer is," Did you say something?" Sorry Danica, you rank 3 on the powerblock pole.

ramenth

Reaction score
And you guys remind me more and more why I don't like her.

Sure, she's good looking, but if she spent half as much time on honing her skills as she does doing self-promotion for her looks then maybe she'd be famous for more than just being famous. Kinda like the Kardashians in my eyes.

Now, if she didn't have more races wrecked out of than top 10 finishes, she'd have something to be proud of.

If the news didn't spend endless amounts of time trying to pump up her star power than actually talking about how good of a racer she is (she's not) then she'd have something to be proud of.

She plays that "poor little girl" thing too much for me to even want to pay attention to her. She does something stupid on the track and immediately points the finger at someone else for "wrecking her" and then tries to whine her way out of it for being picked on.

But then again, maybe that's the reason why guys like Johnson, Keselowski, Gordon, and a host of others are better than her: they actually spend more time at the track than posing for the camera.

When she actually spends less time posing for the cheesecake and actually runs a consistent season with a top ten finish I'll give her props for being a racer. Until then she's just playing the star power and NASCAR is just her name to be PC.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Ramenth:

While she is more than a little annoying, and does play up the cheesecake angle far too much, it should be remembered that she was in Indycar before coming to Nascar. In Indycar, she actually did win a race, and actually did finish fifth in points one year. Nascar is NOT the be all and end all of racing; she has done well in Indycar; and while she may not be the fastest driver, she is a legitimate driver, and does have ability. She is part of the Tony Steward race team, and out qualified her team mates to end up with the pole, and her teammates are not exactly inexperienced or untalented.

Most of the photo shoots were in the off season, not during the race season, and happened while she was running in Indycar.

Look how much Juan Pablo Montoya has accomplished in Nascar, in comparison to his success in Indycar and Formula 1. Nowhere near as impressive. Seems like the open wheel drivers (with a few exceptions) have a hard time making the transition to Nascar stockers, and it isn't based on gender or effort. Tony Stewart chose to sign her, and while the press coverage will be good for the team, if she were a no talent, Stewart probably wouldn't have signed her.

I don't know if she will win a Nascar race, ever be in the points championship race, or even win another pole, but I do think she is a legitimate driver and has every right to be in Nascar, or whatever series she races in. The Kardashians (and Paris Hilton, and....) references are out of line; the Kardashians are for all intents and purposes, useless human beings. Patrick has had some racing success, and has just won a Nascar pole. World of difference.

Kostas

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
My day drivers won the Indy 500 and Daytona 500.
AJ and Super Mario.

I'm still looking for large money sponsership.
I wanna drive the F1 race, fly over, run the Indy, then the Coca Cola 600, then fly to the west coast and drive Top Fuel, all in the same day.

Back