Pretty Screws

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Greetings To The FMJ World!

So you have heard the news of the radio speaker upgrades for Darth Car. Well the front speakers had to get some upgrade loving, and that meant a lot of dash part removal. Well the PO had been in the dash a time or two, and lost some of the trim screws, and tried strategic hole skipping to replace the screws. Well this made for rattling, and shaky trim. So I went to the hardware to see what I could find. The original screws are a mat black, phillips head screw, with an over-sized head that is similar to a washer. The threads are equally interesting. They are not your standard sheet metal screw. I found these little gems that are a #8 screw that had a matching thread, and a built in washer. Plus they came in this groovy chrome finish.
IMG_20160612_173103990.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Just for FYI, speaking of trim screws. This place has tons of screws, bolts, clips, plastic fasteners (i.e. Christmas tree push cones, etc), wires harness straps, on and on. You have to buy a box quantity but,,,,,the prices are very reasonable and it never hurts to have extras "in stock". Example, #8 washer head screws in black oxide are $5.99 for a box of 100.

Trim Screws

Back