PSA for the ice scraping

slant6billy

Reaction score
Just saw another sad news story: A dad was running the car and clearing the snow off. it took a good while to get the ice too. His 11 year old son decided to sit in the car to keep warm. The curtain of snow around the base of the car forced the exhaust back into the car and killed the poor kid. This sad occurance happens every winter. Exhaust is going somewhere, so be aware of its dangers. Whether like this ice removing from a car or snow blower or electrical generator, CO has to go somewhere and it is a SEEKING GAS and settling gas. It slowly disapates.

Be careful when scraping that snow and ice.

Also make certain to use a BRASS edged ice scraper, so not to scratch that hard to get auto glass.

Stay safe friends. Time to get to the sledding hill.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
i dread useing my cheap plastic ice scraper i hate winter they talk about it cause it get cold around here tooand they talk alot about diesels.

slant6billy

Reaction score
130210-183142.jpg
This is a smaller hand held one, but there are long ones too

130210-183142.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
As my dad showed me on the valiant and dart. The dart had nasty grooves on the glass, so he showed it to be where the plastic developed imperfect edge and caused the grooving. The brass was soft when used like a face razor. It may be bullshit, but my oldman was meticulous with tools and cars. He would be the first to call bullshit on some snakeoil.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I once broke my dad's long handled brass ice scrapper when one of those high haired, high heeled mall chicks stepped on it when she climbed into the back of the Volare. He was very very serious bout his scraper. He showed me another handy item- The back of his hand. He was just a little pissed about leaving the Volare all shitty: Broken ice scraper, condom wrappers, empties, quart low on oil and out of gas. I was 17 and just a little light on responsibility. That was on hell of a night in the Volare though. Plural on mall chicks.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
tats crazy ive never seen the brass one before looks just like mine minus the brss peice.

damn.....volare was a panty dropper aye.:headbang:

BHA43

Reaction score
Have you ever seen what an aluminum can does to a window when used as an emergency scraper? :sad6:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Have you ever seen what an aluminum can does to a window when used as an emergency scraper? :sad6:

Can't say I have and don't think I'd want to.
The beauty of having AM/FM Cassette in your car is
You've always got a spare plastic cassette case if you're in a pinch.

Back