Question on '87 Chrysler Fifth Ave. door lock cylinders

Addy87

Reaction score
"Adalida," my '87 Fifth Avenue needs the left door lock cylinder replaced. It's the "illuminated" version (has a little light ring around the key slot). Found one for about $80.00 (ouch!). My question is can I just put a non-illuminated one on instead, or would it have to use the illuminated one (am wondering about the fitment of it)?

Does anyone know if Chrysler had an ignition, door & trunk lock cylinder and key set for '87 Fifth Avenues? I have the factory '87 Chrysler Parts Catalog (and used to work at a Chrysler/Plymouth dealer back in the '80's) and can't find a set listed. Older MoPars had such sets available. Don't want to end up w/ three keys to use (one for the left dr., one for the right dr. and the ignition (which will need replaced sometime). I know I could get the cylinders re-keyed, but don't think there's a locksmith around where I live and really can't afford to do that.

Thanks.

Addy's Mom

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
U can use a standard door cylinder. Swap tumblers and you'll be good to go using your original key. It's not hard to do.

Addy87

Reaction score
U can use a standard door cylinder. Swap tumblers and you'll be good to go using your original key. It's not hard to do.

Thanks for the quick reply! Can you use the current cylinder lock retaining clip that on Addy, or do you need a standard lock cylinder one? The photo of the lighted cylinder lock I saw looks fatter than the standard one.

Maggie Ann

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I believe you can use the the same retaining clip, I'm pretty sure those are interchangeable.
Ebag has a couple of listings, check them out for a visual reference.

mBneg550OKpIFxefL8Ialiw.jpg

Back