WANTED R-Body or M-Body Mopar

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomguy

Reaction score
Contact seller
As I posted in a few threads I'm looking for an either an R-Body or M-Body Mopar. In the R-Body area I'm mainly looking for a 1979-1981 Chrysler New Yorker or a Dodge St. Regis in decent shape and not rust. The other car I'm considering is an 1988 or 1989 Chrysler Fifth Avenue also in decent shape. What I'm mainly after though is the R-Body for now and that is my first choice.

Anyways, what I have to throw into the mix is a trade if anyone would be interested. I this 1975 Mercury Marquis Brougham 4dr hardtop with a 460 4v/ C6 automatic, and Ford 9 inch rear. The car has 57k original miles per the clean title and in fair shape. I bought with the intent of fixing it up but, have lost interest and would to trade for another Mopar that could better serve me for a daily-driverish type car. If you search 1975 Mercury Marquis in craigslist it should show under the Indianapolis area.

Thank you for looking and just let me know if you are interested or have something I would be interested in by sending me a private message here. Thank you.

randomguy

Reaction score
There's a few out there right now. A New Yorker in California, one in AZ (donked out) and another near Chicago but, its kind of rusty. Like I said I won't turn down a decent M-Body at a decent price if it comes my ways but, I need to get rid of the Mercury or trade. Now to go one step further, the reason why I'm ridding of the Mercury is I now need to semi-retire my 04 Dodge Ram 1500 with 180k miles on it and drive the R-Body or M-Body in good weather to errands and such. No salt or snow here

The Mercury wouldn't work so well for me now since the fuel economy is probably in the 8 city range and 12 highway with the 460. I really like the car but, my life gone through some changes and with that I need to make some changes as well. If I had more time and space I would keep it but, unfortunately I can't.

Now, the reason why I bought this Mercury is save it from being demo derbied and hopefully, I can find it a good home since I was really planning on keeping it but, things once again in my life have changed and so here I am again.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'd like to personally thank you for saving that beautiful behemoth from being derbied by some idiot. I've always loved those massive Merc's. Definitely not a fuel efficient daily driver that's for sure. But it looks to be in very nice shape and it always boils my blood to see a time piece like that get destroyed because some short sighted asshole got his 10 minutes of laughs. I wish I was in the position to take it off your hands but my stable is already full. I truly hope you find her a good home though.

As far as the Mopars....they are out there and do pop up. Best of luck on your quest.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So cool.......

00I0I_bsl5KrpKAQe_600x450.jpg

DCAspen

Reaction score
I can see Barnaby Jones behind the wheel of that jewel.........Or is it Frank Cannon.

randomguy

Reaction score
Thank you and as for the Mercury it is a cool car although I gotta say the seats in the Fifth Avenue are better than this car. Plus, this thing weighs nearly 5k pounds because of body on frame plus the drivetrain. Wish I could keep but, I'm making some life changes as I said and I'm familiar with Chrysler stuff so that's what I'll stick with.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Back in the old days, believe it or not, in Ford commercials, they used to call that (I'm not making this up) "road hugging weight". It was a feature.

Greg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I just love those Merc's because they're so over the top. I remember it was one of the biggest cars I'd ever seen.

It just screams Frank Cannon. So cool.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Frank Cannon drove a Lincoln Mark III or IV, from memory.

P.S. I seem to recall that the Mark IV and Mark V had really long hoods. Must have been one of the longest hoods in a volume production car, if not the longest.

randomguy

Reaction score
I thought the Monte Carlo and Grand Prix had the longest production hoods?

randomguy

Reaction score
If you guys want a bigger production car then look up a Cadillac Fleetwood 60 series or Fleetwood 75 series. I think the 75 series had the rear foot rests in them IIRC.

randomguy

Reaction score
BTW, here's a picture of my '79 Cordoba I bought last fall. It looks nicer than it does but, a decent car.

5013113441_42525ed5a1_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back